jamaro

Our Director gets busted

That stinks - just an honest mistake. I like the way he is being cooperative, taking full responsibility and not seeking any special treatment. Stand-up guy.

His excuse about the GPS coordinate being wrong is pretty lame. He should also be carrying a good topo map with the private land marked on it, and should have known something wasn't right with his GPS coordinate. He was hunting the checkerboard land (mixed public &private) and being the Director of G&F he should have been darn careful to stay on public land.

I am not familiar with the laws in NM but I know in AZ in order for you to get in trouble for trespassing the land has to be clearly posted every 100 ft. Does NM have something like this?

I am not familiar with the laws in NM but I know in AZ in order for you to get in trouble for trespassing the land has to be clearly posted every 100 ft. Does NM have something like this?

It used to be 50ft. but it was just too expensive for ranchers, to post all of those signs...

jason

It used to be 50ft. but it was just too expensive for ranchers, to post all of those signs...

jason

So did the law change, or did people just quit abiding by it because it was cost prohibitive?

what about hunting privelidges? does NM revoke hunting and fishing like AZ, it didn't say anything about it in the article, Ive known of a few people that have supposedly made honest mistakes and cooperated with info and still lost their privelidges in AZ and still paid the fines, the hunting and fishing also carrys into quite a few other states that are now sharing information.

what about hunting privelidges? does NM revoke hunting and fishing like AZ, it didn't say anything about it in the article, Ive known of a few people that have supposedly made honest mistakes and cooperated with info and still lost their privelidges in AZ and still paid the fines, the hunting and fishing also carrys into quite a few other states that are now sharing information.

I think it is because he didn't break any game laws because he had a tag. Remember the landowner doesn't own the deer the state does. So it is a trespassing issue... It is loophole but I guess it makes sense.

Here is the law on posting private property straight out of the hunting proclamation page 15.

"Notice of no consent to enter shall be deemed sufficient notice to the public and evidence to the courts, by the posting of the fenced property at all vehicular access entries."

jason

So did the law change, or did people just quit abiding by it because it was cost prohibitive?

They changed the law...

The new law says that a public land license is not valid on private land without written permission. So.... he was hunting without a license.

I don't agree with his management, but I think it was an honest mistake. Problem is, there is no intent required. He will get a fine just like any of us would.

Personally after the increases in all of the tags for next year, I think that they should put the whole game commission in the wolf habitat(naked and covered with steak sauce) and see how long MH DUTCH SALMON can coexist with the wolves that he got along so well with in Minnesota!!!! AG