Irish

November in 6A

So after scouting the middle part of 6A for three weekends in a row I only spotted a small group of deer about 2 miles away from me before some dick in a dirt bike came roaring through and scattered them over the next hill where it was to late for me to think about following them.

I was scouting from stoneman lake south , across to wet bever creek and without a quad thats a lot of ground to cover by foot, with a pack and gear.

I have been playing around with going in south and coming north but im running out of time, and every day i go up that way the wind is behind me so i opt to face into it and scout south.

I have seen plenty of elk in the upper region and a few mules but only that small group of couse.

Any tips / advice before november ? Solo hunting is great but its a lot of dang work lol

I got a october hunt in 6a, I have only seen a couple of bucks, find the one place you would not want to hunt and hunt their. They are their the farther south you go the better in my opinion

• Like 2

Agreed with Rock30- go farther south. Coues are spread out in the southern portion. The nastier the country the more likely you'll find bucks. That was the story when I helped friends in that unit.

I have the November hunt .. I am heading up again this weekend...What we need is a cold front...Seems like everything is tucked in like a Alabama tick..

I have the same hunt. I see does and fawns every time I go. Last trip was this past weekend. Im either missing them or the bucks are hiding better than I am seeking. I did find a nice shed though!