rszkutak

12 AE Mule Deer Oct 27-Nov 5. Who's going?

Who is headed up to the bab for the early rifle deer hunt?

My friend who was going to be hunting with me isn't able to make it as his wife badly fractured her ankle and likely is having surgery the day before opening day. From the looks of it I'm going to be hunting sometimes with a friend from Utah who's going to come down, and possibly my GF's brother who might be able to fly in to assist for a couple days, other times it's gonna be solo.

If you are headed up there solo or in a very small group send me a PM if you are interested in working as a team so we can all have a solid chance at harvesting a great mature buck, and we can help each other pull that brute out of whatever deep and dark abyss or across a wicked canyon.

I'm good with hunting solo, but hunting in a group is sometimes easier so I thought I would toss it out here.

Funny. Unless it is family, I actually prefer to hunt alone.

Good luck on your hunt, I think that is my favorite hunt.

In some ways I agree with you about hunting solo, the only thing that does suck it trying to pull out an animal from a remote location when hunting solo.

• Like 1

I'll be on the west side. I've hunted the East side more though good luck hope you have a great hunt!

This is the first time I've hunted in kaibab, any tips that you are willing to share?

if you are willing to shoot a buck- you can fill your tag very easily. if you want a 4pt or higher you need find a high point and glass.

That being said, Kiabab will give you the best luck at finding a nice one. Just have fun- there is not other hunt like it in the world- in my opinion.

Especially on the West side- what other hunt can you follow a trail or old road for MILES and then all of the sudden be standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon?

Kiabab tags are an experience- not just a hunt. (that is what I tell people)

Rob,

Send me a text. Will be with one buddy helping him on his hunt. 480-358-5193 -Tanner

thanks i will send you a text.

if you are willing to shoot a buck- you can fill your tag very easily. if you want a 4pt or higher you need find a high point and glass.

That being said, Kiabab will give you the best luck at finding a nice one. Just have fun- there is not other hunt like it in the world- in my opinion.

Especially on the West side- what other hunt can you follow a trail or old road for MILES and then all of the sudden be standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon?

Kiabab tags are an experience- not just a hunt. (that is what I tell people)

I agree, it's an experience not just a hunt.

I'm not looking to drop the first deer that goes across my crosshair's, i'm looking to get a quality mature buck but as things progress i will get a bit less picky. No reason to rush a kaibab mule deer hunt, i got the whole hunt to find a quality buck

Rob,

Send me a text. Will be with one buddy helping him on his hunt. 480-358-5193 -Tanner

thanks i will send you a text.

Sounds good! Ill keep a lookout.

I'll be up there solo for the muzzy hunt a few days after your hunt ends. I got to make it out there just before we moved to Idaho in September. Lots of deer for sure. Looks like the weather is pretty nice at the moment, hopefully it holds. Good luck!

I'll be up there solo for the muzzy hunt a few days after your hunt ends. I got to make it out there just before we moved to Idaho in September. Lots of deer for sure. Looks like the weather is pretty nice at the moment, hopefully it holds. Good luck!

i suspect for your muzzie you will be right at the beginning of the rut as well based on what im understanding about the area. watch those moon cycles too i pay close attenion to those and really have some of my best luck following the cycles

enjoy idaho, i looked at moving there as well. I'm getting tired of the stupid heat here.