Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

6A Elk Help

Hi Guys,

I don't want any secrets or anything super special. I have a good friends who's father drew a CHAMP tag in 6A. He is a non-resident from Washington who comes down here to hunt with his son. He has a pretty nasty form of Rheumatoid Arthritis. He can't hump the hills hard anymore, but can do some stuff near roads.

If anyone can give me some tips on the best places for a limited mobility guy to get an opportunity at an elk I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Harley

Not bad around clintswells and happy jack, lots of bulls and cows with hidden meadows

Thank you everyone who has helped so far.

The hunt starts this Friday.

Id set him on some tanks and wait for them to come into him. It hasnt rained and they gotta drink! Just sayin

• Like 2

Id set him on some tanks and wait for them to come into him. It hasnt rained and they gotta drink! Just sayin

Yep, best thing to do with less mobile hunters. Lots of tanks in 6A.

Thank you everyone who helped out. I am hoping with only 25 tags for the hunt he can get it done on a nice animal.

I'll chime in with my 2 cents. I drew a cow tag in 6A (10/20-10/26). I tagged out opening day and ran the elk into Flagstaff as quick as I could. Saturday someone that was helping wounded warriors go hunting was saying on the radio that this is the best shape the Arizona elk herds have been in 20 years. I believe it .

On another note on a subject that has been talked about in the forum a bunch is getting your elk "cooled down" asap. This is preaching to the choir, but I was working hard as I could to gut and skin and get the animal to a meat locker, and to me, I was concerned it was taking too much time , but it all turned out okay. My brother called me and said he was behind a pickup with an elk in back with the skin on coming into Phoenix at mid day. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't be doing that.

Anyway, good luck on your hunt!