Sign in to follow this  
452b264

Bolt Fluting

Where are you guys sending your bolts to be fluted?

I can straight flute my own but spiral fluting is a little out of my league. I recently wanted one spiral fluted and had axis works to it. Eric does real nice work.

These guys do my work and they are awesome

https://www.longriflesinc.com

Chad just got a new Haas machine, donated his old machine to the local HS. He did my 700 bolt (Wrought Iron Flute) and turnaround was about a week and I had him skeletonize it. That was done on his old machine.

Now that he has the Haas he is also running a special until January, 40% off so the Savage bolt he just did (Interrupted Flute) took about 3 weeks. You will need to go online and create an account then pick the bolt model and style of flute you want. When you checkout put NEW HAAS in as the Promo Code. I sent my bolts USPS Priority Mail on Saturday and he gets it on Monday.

AxisWorks matched my bolt and barrel fluting.

22029_zpsgvqf5ufi.jpeg

22031_zpsbkvuz7zv.jpeg

20170909_143434_zpsmiqnadi8.jpg

Long Rifles Inc. did my .280AI fluting. Then AxisWorks did the custom, hand shaped bolt knob blending for the carbon fiber knob install. The action is an old.one, called a "Legacy" bolt. The actual handle is narrower than the newer ones, and LRI could not do a knob install. So AxisWorks hand turned and shaped the actual ball on the handle to blend to the shape amd diameter of the new CF knob. How is THAT for customer service?

20170817_154124_zpsycfnmr2s.jpg

20170817_154141_zps5c3sfwkg.jpg

20170828_202026_zps71vy0uoz.jpg

• Like 1

That looks AWSOME, its also good to support a local company. Thanks for all the replies!

Did AXIS WORKS flute your barrel?

AxisWorks did do the excellent fluting work on my barrel as well. And designed the muzzle brake that is installed on it as well.

20170906_114204_zpsqxfd8aro.jpg

20170906_115036_zpsskhbd9ct.jpg

• Like 2

I've yet to buy a rifle off of Eric/Axis Works, but I've been doing business with his machine shop for about 8 months now since I met him through this site. He's probably done 5 or 6 different jobs for me in that time. I've worked in aerospace machining for almost 25 years now, I know a ton of people in the trade, and I can tell you Eric is one of the best. He's not just a good rifle builder, he's a top notch machinist, programmer & manufacturing engineer.

• Like 2

Karl kampfeld is one of the best.

+1 for Karl

Plus two.

post-216-0-52030000-1508771576_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-96542200-1508771622_thumb.jpg

• Like 2