AZBull

Glass bedding compound

Im going to do my first glass bedding job and was wondering what product you guys prefer. I was looking at getting the acraglass kit from brownells...just wondering if its good enough or if I should try something else. Thanks

Matt

Is your rifle pillar bedded or has an aluminum bedding block? Without one or the other you will not realize full bedding benefits. You can still torque an action without pillars or an aluminum block. Almost any bedding compound will work better than nothing!

Is your rifle pillar bedded or has an aluminum bedding block? Without one or the other you will not realize full bedding benefits. You can still torque an action without pillars or an aluminum block. Almost any bedding compound will work better than nothing!

bedding the front and rear as well as the bottom metal will make a difference even if theirs no pillar or aloy bedding. Is pillar or a full block better? Yes it is!! But a difference is still made with a wood stock and no pillar. I try to use arrow shafts to pillar bed some stocks but not all.

Where do you find clear shoe polish? I looked at Walmart today and could only find tan, black and brown. And what is the reason for it being clear? Is it so it doesnt get the epoxy or stock dyed? Thanks

Last time I've seen clear polish was when I was in the army. Since they don't polish boots (unless you're a paratrooper) I bet that stuff is hard to find. Try amazon.

Shoe polish, carnauba wax, Pam cooking spray, and grease all will work as a release agent. Plug any holes with modeling clay and remove the trigger assembly so you don't get any bedding compound in the trigger. Mask the stock with painting tape to eliminate contact with bedding compound. The amount of clean up work is directly related to amount of prep work that you do! Been doing bedding and glue in for over 40 years and it's not a complicated thing.