Adicted

Rocky Point Fishing Trip and Photos

I always get alot of people asking me about our fishing trips to Mexico...Go every year twice a year and have a blast every time...No I didnt get sick or kidnapped by the Cartel....Seems like more and more Americans living there now..Anyways. So the guy we go with his name is Martine..Sounds (Marteen)...Call him and set up an appt. He speaks ok english...I can call for you if you like shoot me a message. I always go with 5 people and its 200$ for the boat...730-1 usually...You can probably bargain but when you kill the fish like we do then for what. Not everyone slays the fish like we do but we are all pretty good fisherman. He supplies all the rods and reels. Remember this is Mexico, so dont expect a brand new boat and rods and reels. Just crack a beer and enjoy.

We did good again this year. Caught about 100 fish in about 4 hours...I caught a fish every cast for about an hour. My arms were killing me. March and October is the best fishing. Rode my Polaris Rzr around and kids rode dirtbikes, and hung out at the beach...

Here is the view from our room...We stayed at the Sonoran Sun

post-9454-0-83204300-1508793178_thumb.jpg

post-9454-0-28168900-1508793194_thumb.png

post-9454-0-08318700-1508793223_thumb.png

Total Fish--All Trigger fish saved. Good meat. Caught few sea bass, and others also

post-9454-0-95035700-1508793238_thumb.jpg

He cleaned the fish on the way back

post-9454-0-00025100-1508793253_thumb.jpg

We soaked some of the fish over night in lemon juice so its cooked for Ceviche the next day..soo good!!!

post-9454-0-49749300-1508793281_thumb.jpg

Local kids loved the RZR

post-9454-0-96188700-1508793306_thumb.png

Here is our boat guys info....call the cell # if you want to set up with him..

post-9454-0-21817900-1508793323_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Looks like a great time!

$200 for half-day fishing for 5 guys??

Thats correct....leave around 730 and back between 1-2...

200$ and you dont touch the bait, fish, nada...just catch fish

• Like 2

Dang! Looks like I might have to try this out with the buddies next time we head down. Thx for the info.

It would be a crime to try and reduce that price. Great deal, do you ever go for grouper? We have good friends that have a place in choya and we used to go down a lot, always a good time.

that is a lot of cochitos!!!

if you want to try something different, check out "Arturo's diving and fishing". I think he charges $300 a day and is 100 miles south down in Puerto Lobos but if you go in March you will more than likely get into some quality yellow tail (20 lbrs). You can leave RP at 6:00 and be on the water by 8:30. Fish until 3:30. Get your fish filleted, back on the road by 5:00 and back to RP by 7:00. March and April are key months for big YT. One weekend last April we averaged 18 twenty lb YT per day over 3 days. We brought home > 200 lbs of fillets. It was awesome.

• Like 3

I grew up in Ajo, I dont go down as often anymore but fishing down there was always a blast! Bringing back a lot of memories!

that is a lot of cochitos!!!

if you want to try something different, check out "Arturo's diving and fishing".

looks like hes already catching a few small yellowtail

That looks like a fantastic trip.

I'd love to do something like that, but I tend to get robbed by the Federales when I go to Mexico so..