Adicted

Rocky Point Fishing Trip and Photos

Jazz that happens frequently. I am extremely surprised anyone from the states ever ventures down across the border

That looks like a fantastic trip.

I'd love to do something like that, but I tend to get robbed by the Federales when I go to Mexico so..

Jazz that happens frequently. I am extremely surprised anyone from the states ever ventures down across the border

Yup everyone gets robbed all the time...I think you guys should stay in the U.S. so I dont have to wait in line for my tacos, beer, and can fish any day I want down there..... I have been going for 20 years along with tons of people i know and not one person has had an issue...

• Like 3

I'd love to do something like that, but I tend to get robbed by the Federales when I go to Mexico so..

Yup everyone gets robbed all the time...I think you guys should stay in the U.S. so I dont have to wait in line for my tacos, beer, and can fish any day I want down there..... I have been going for 20 years along with tons of people i know and not one person has had an issue...

Never ever been robbed by the police not even during my drunken 20's when we would constantly go to RP to get drunk and party at the Gua Gua lol..Its a really fun and cheap get away and all the resorts make it family friendly now..

Never ever been robbed by the police not even during my drunken 20's when we would constantly go to RP to get drunk and party at the Gua Gua lol..Its a really fun and cheap get away and all the resorts make it family friendly now..

local police or security can and will shake you down if you do some dumb stuff. ive paid mordida a few times but only once was it illegitimate reason. also had a friend get knocked out and robbed in the mirador but he was probably trying to get coke and a hooker.

• Like 1

local police or security can and will shake you down if you do some dumb stuff. ive paid mordida a few times but only once was it illegitimate reason. also had a friend get knocked out and robbed in the mirador but he was probably trying to get coke and a hooker.

One of my buddies went to jail for fighting in the Pink Cadillac.. When we picked him up he was barefoot and he said they stole his shoes in his sleep and he couldn't get them back lol..They definitely pull people over and shake them down but you have be doing some dumb shoot like hanging out the window or sunroof of your car...

One of my buddies went to jail for fighting in the Pink Cadillac.. When we picked him up he was barefoot and he said they stole his shoes in his sleep and he couldn't get them back lol..They definitely pull people over and shake them down but you have be doing some dumb shoot like hanging out the window or sunroof of your car...

your friend probably found out the hard way that pink cadillac is a gay bar at night. and yeah, thats how it happens.

federales did? i call bullshit.

I didn't take it personally, he shook down every car on the highway like 15 miles south of the border. We waited in line like everyone else.. (1 lone cop)

Senior, I have $6, a pack of grade B smokes and 5 corona.

And he took 'em..

I'm glad those of you who go down have a good time, and I continue to hope it's a safe trip.

Myself and my family won't go south of the border. No need to use up karma points like that.

This was like 1988.. maybe things have gotten better but I just don't see the need to test it out.

I didn't take it personally, he shook down every car on the highway like 15 miles south of the border. We waited in line like everyone else.. (1 lone cop)

And he took 'em..

1. cops and federales are not the same

2. you said you "tend" to get robbed. which means regularly and frequently, but then you said it happened once in "like" 1988.

• Like 1

And he took 'em..

1. cops and federales are not the same

2. you said you "tend" to get robbed. which means regularly and frequently, but then you said it happened once in "like" 1988.

I honestly didn't know the difference at 18. Maybe a cop, maybe a Fed, dunno. It was someone who shouldn't be holding an AK and demanding money from tourists on the way back to the States. It's not like he was uber aggressive, just enough to convince me not to return. I took the hint.

My take on it is Cops/Police are Federales and then you have the guys in Military Uniforms. Either way, travel during the week and you won't see the Cops as much from what I have seen in my three trips since 2013.

In 2013 I crossed at Nogales with the guide from Hermosillo and a friend from here. After we left the garrison I was pulled over a few blocks later. Under the guise that I didn't have a front license plate. They were definitely phishing. Fortunately Ernesto and Temo were there but they probably would have run me through the mill.

It's definitely third world and buyer beware.

I second addicted.

We go minimum 4x a year for the last 4 years to RP. 2016 we went 5x. We average about 15-25 days a year. Mostly Friday, Saturday, Sunday. We rent a condo or take the 5th wheel. We go to Hermosillo 2-3x a year for the last 20 yrs because my favorite mother-in-law lives there.

We have never had a problem...ever. Once a friend of ours got pulled over as soon as we we crossed the border into Mexico on the way to RP because he was speeding. He definitely was speeding. He offered the "transito" to pay his fine directly to him. He would not accept it. He was given a ticket instead. The "transito" informed him that if he paid his ticket on the same day the fine would drop by 50%. My buddy went right down down and paid the fine.....a whopping $35! He was given a receipt and everything.

My take on it is Cops/Police are Federales and then you have the guys in Military Uniforms. Either way, travel during the week and you won't see the Cops as much from what I have seen in my three trips since 2013.

In 2013 I crossed at Nogales with the guide from Hermosillo and a friend from here. After we left the garrison I was pulled over a few blocks later. Under the guise that I didn't have a front license plate. They were definitely phishing. Fortunately Ernesto and Temo were there but they probably would have run me through the mill.

that also happened to us outside of hermosillo, traveling at night.

• Like 1

that also happened to us outside of hermosillo, traveling at night.

Make no doubt about it I love going there. I think my blood pressure drops 20 points while I'm there.