Sign in to follow this  
grey curse

What happened today on the opener? ANYONE?

i didnt see a coues buck all day

They can be tough to spot when downing oysters and shots at Hooters.
  • Like 1

We've been in 23. Not a thing is moving but elk where our spot is. Not many people out camping. Really hot around 5000 feet. Came home to regroup for a bit. Headed back out Tuesday. That's how it went for us last year too. Not a deer in sight till half way through the hunt.

Congrats on some great deer taken. Stinks to hear its be such a tough hunt. Hot and moon phase is off right now but that can all change in a few days. Good luck guys

I went out on Friday with a orthopedic sling on my arm due to shoulder surgery two weeks ago. I had put a bipod on my 6.5 Creedmoor AR so that I could shoot it. I put a fork horn down at about 8:30. The buck went down immediately.

My brother and sweet sister in law drug it out for me, over a mile to the truck! It don't get much better than this.

• Like 5

Took the Martinez family out for their first couesdeer hunt, his boy shot a 2x3 and as we were walking out two deer jumped up and a spike went right instead of left like the other one did, deer veal it was for dad Martinez. Found 12 deer in this quiet un-hunted bowl and 5 were bucks, they missed an 80 buck but got the 2x3 abs the smallest buck in the lot, a spike. Ironically they shot two mule deer 2 years ago right across the highway. The mule deer were killed within 30 minutes of each other and the coues were an hour apart. Pretty cool

post-3019-0-47197500-1509299044_thumb.jpeg

post-3019-0-95502200-1509299074_thumb.jpeg

post-3019-0-43566900-1509299154_thumb.jpeg

• Like 9

Hot and dry, had a hundred yard 5 minute dance with a small buck but passed, cut our backpack short due to no water in springs or tanks. One spring I've never heard of being dry!!! Crazy, we glassed a tank from about 600 yards and watched 2 other sets of guys glass same water. Super dry

Nice! Thats a good buck Jack, are you hunting or glassing?

Drinking beer now...I got dehydrated out there...

• Like 7