Sign in to follow this  
GreyGhost85

Buck down. Story. Plus something weird

I’ve got the liver in the freezer. I caped him in the field. No vertebrae attached. His skull has been sitting on the porch a couple days now. Probably not worth much to g&f at this point. My own theory, he has some kinda liver disease that stunted his growth. He’s pretty old, teeth are worn down almost to the gum line. He’s pretty tough and really strong tasting. Hope i don’t turn into a zombie.

• Like 7

Hope i don’t turn into a zombie.

Dawn of The Walking Dead...

Crazy buck Bridger. I had a friend kill a similar sized deer in MX, he thought the buck was in the high teens, but probably didn't break 80", and couldn't have weighed 60 lbs. Just a miniature version of a monster buck. I was proud of him for being able to hit the dam thing. I don't think he kept the liver, and he gave the meat to the cowboys on the ranch, so can't speak to that.

Congrats on a fine buck, after a similar experience in Mx I hesitate to shoot a buck unless I've been able to judge the body next to other bucks. Strange liver for sure, looks like a smoker lungs.

I’ve got the liver in the freezer. I caped him in the field. No vertebrae attached. His skull has been sitting on the porch a couple days now. Probably not worth much to g&f at this point. My own theory, he has some kinda liver disease that stunted his growth. He’s pretty old, teeth are worn down almost to the gum line. He’s pretty tough and really strong tasting. Hope i don’t turn into a zombie.

you got aids now.

I googled it after seeing your pictures and according to the all knowing internet, black liver can be a sign of fatty liver which can be caused by anorexia and/or starvation. You said his teeth were down to the gums, could be he was not eating and dying of starvation. Either way, seems like the little guy was in bad shape which in my book makes it a very good kill. Much better your bullet than starvation.

Congrats again. Little, but still a dang nice looking coues buck.

Thanks for all the kind words fellas. Good luck out there!

I think it would make a neat mount. Cool buck.

I have heard it happening with muleys too. Chef here on the site shot what him and all of Duwane Adams guides thought was a monster buck only to walk up on it and it being a little buck with a good rack.

That pic makes you look really tall dude. LOL Nice buck, no clue on the liver.

That pic makes you look really tall dude. LOL Nice buck, no clue on the liver.

Well, i’m about 6’5” so that’s probably why. Haha.

I would like to see what Amanda has to say on this one. She may have seen something similar.

• Like 1