IA Born

NWTF JAKES Essay Contest

I'm finally remembering to post up the information for the annual NWTF JAKES Essay contest. This is the essay contest that my daughter entered and won last year. I cannot express enough how great of an opportunity it is for our youth! I just wish they would have used Syd's pic for the upcoming essay promotion!

All of the information you need is below, but if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

post-4869-0-54509000-1509640206_thumb.jpg

18 minutes ago, TomSands said:

Can I still participate?

As long as you or your kid are between 12-17 years old, you can still participate.  I haven't seen the announcement for the 2020 contest yet, though.  Its good to see the announcement because it has the exact requirements.  The essay subject changed after my daughter won, so you have to pay attention to details.

This hunt was cancelled this year because of COVID-19. I believe Janet (the lady who runs the program) said all hunters from this past year, who were not allowed to participate, would be invited next year. Not sure if this means they won't be taking a new winner this next year.

39 minutes ago, rossislider said:

This hunt was cancelled this year because of COVID-19. I believe Janet (the lady who runs the program) said all hunters from this past year, who were not allowed to participate, would be invited next year. Not sure if this means the won't be taking a new winner this next year.

That is correct.  We are patiently waiting to hear what they say about next year's applications.