Sign in to follow this  
218buck

Hitting cards already

is turkey hunting good all day or only in the morning?

I've killed all my turkeys right at sundown! Find their roost trees and ambush then as they come in. Awesome!!
They use the same trees often?
just get up real early and shoot them in the roost. Easiest way to do it.

Unethical, not to mention illegal.

he was just fooling.

i called my card but they were no help. they said 2 charges went through but only shows one now and I have to wait till about Tuesday to see if it shows back up

Same thing happened to me, had the wife and her friends $50 charge and then 2 $25 charges, so one of us would have drawn turkey. Now im only showing the $50 and one $25 charge.

ill keep you in my prayers to the draw gods

I've killed all my turkeys right at sundown! Find their roost trees and ambush then as they come in. Awesome!!
Not agreeing with it but I'm not sure there is ant actual wording in a law saying you can't shoot them from the roost.

Not agreeing with it but I'm not sure there is ant actual wording in a law saying you can't shoot them from the roost.
No but they normally fly down at first light so you would be pushing leagal shooting hours.

It's legal in the state of AZ to shoot from the roost providing legal shooting hours are observed. SCAR outlaws the practice.

If somebody needs a bird that bad, I'd suggest a visit to Bashas.

• Like 3

looks like im going to be trying for my first spring turkey, im pretty excited about. any recommendation on calls or decoys or what else i need?

What unit you get?

Brian

3b, the mother land.

Most guys in there just shoot them out of trees. No calls needed

I swear. 23 points for turkey and nothing showing on my card. I missed one application 10 years ago and Im still paying for it. Hopefully the max point pool finally drops down to my level. I cant afford to go to Mexico for my Goulds.

• Like 1

I draw easily every year for Javelina & no hit on my card yet. They always have a bunch of leftovers in the unit I hunt so can't figure out how I didn't draw??

I did online app & card is good, so I know everything was good there.

Sat all day Friday checking for charges and NADA. Pretty rare for me not to get drawn then laying in bed this morning I realized that mid week I got a new card and forgot to update it. IDIOT!

I've had way to much going on at work so I guess that had something to do with it. Maybe there will be a leftover to be had but I am going to Oklahoma for Rio's in the spring.