Sign in to follow this  
Camofreak

ISO: Mature mule deer cape

Yeah i wish i knew before the hunt, wouldve helped a bunch.

I wouldnt shoot a small buck, and wound up telling him id shoot him a cape buck, so something just mature but not big. But the last evening i wound up shooting a gnarly buck so hes getting mounted lol.

I have one in the freezer non tanned from my buck a in December 2015 if you want it you can have it. Pm me your number and Ill send a pic I cant add one to here for some reason

Considering I'm a taxidermist and just paid 250(includes shipping) for a muley deer mid September short hair cape, I'd say you might be on the low end on your price. Give Jim @ southwest wildlife a call he might have one for sale. 1 480-661-0372 if now. Ron Geryack at aaa animal exchange will have one. But like me, your going to pay.

How much are capes going for just curious?

125-150 from your taxi-man... and you know it will be correct if you have a good taxi-man...

I dont skin-out, even a big buck i want mounted...easyer to let the professionals handle it, they have web-sites also ya know...

I always let the taxidermist do it but in 2006 when I got my desert sheep I had to call my taxidermist and have him give me directions because I wanted a life-size mount. It was the scariest thing I've ever done working with the headlamp and everybody else around me had just enough beers in them I wouldn't let them touch it LOL but I managed to do it right :)