MDH

My 11 yr. Old son's first buck

This year I let my son apply with me so that he would have enough points to draw his first deer tag. The plan was I would use my point guard and donate my tag to get my 16 points back and continue the wait for my strip tag. We began scouting in late summer and throughout the early elk hunts. We saw some good bucks and had a game plan worked out for when the hunt started. We looked over some good bucks the first 2 days and he was starting to get the itchy trigger finger. His goal was to kill something bigger than anything myself or his mom had harvested (170" or bigger). We started our walk in Sunday morning to our glassing spot about 10 minutes before light. As we were headed in we stepped in the middle of some wild horses which caused some commotion. We started up the ridge early to loop around them when my brother in law spotted a buck standing on the ridge to the east. I pulled up my 10's and could tell big frame and the race began to get set up for the shot. I got my gun on the triclawps and my bro in law got his spotter set up. Deagan was able to find the buck as I ranged him at 450 yards. I reached over and dialed up and told Deagan to shoot whenever he was ready. We both watched for what seemed forever and then Deagan let er rip. The buck went straight down and my brother in law looked over and said that was one of the biggest bucks he had ever seen. The buck only continued to grow as we got closer and could tell how big he really was. We taped Deagan's buck at 206 3/8"! It was such a great experience to be able to watch my son hammer a true giant and hopefully it won't be his last.

post-3318-0-10230600-1510003290_thumb.jpg

post-3318-0-59531100-1510003417_thumb.jpg

• Like 27

Now what is He gonna do the rest of his life? Congrats to all...........BOB!

• Like 2