Sign in to follow this  
270wsm

Rod's unit 28 buck

Well after many years my buddy Rod finally got a chance to take a trophy mule deer.

He has been chasing bucks all weekend with many close calls but no good shot opportunities. So this morning I picked him up early and got to our glassing point before daylight and found this buck just as the sun was coming up. After a short stalk Rod put the buck down at 100yds at exactly 6:58am.

post-5643-0-90910600-1510004839_thumb.jpg

post-5643-0-23763000-1510004893_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

I had some great times chasing mulies in January in that unit way back before the turn of the century. Great buck.

Congrats

That is Mt Graham in the background. I guess I could've blurred the background but 28 is a huge unit with plenty of deer.

That is Mt Graham in the background. I guess I could've blurred the background but 28 is a huge unit with plenty of deer.

you could have driven that buck to that spot from far away.

• Like 1

you could have driven that buck to that spot from far away.

The way Rod made it sound it was a zoo with all the side by side traffic in there on the weekend so they pretty much drove the buck to the canyon we've been glassing.