Whackem n stackem

3a/3c rifle hunt

they will be out in the burns feeding at night and in the nastiest canyons away from the road during that hunt. spend a lot of time in the unit and always see elk. should not be to hard to find a good bull. Just make sure you have good optics and lots of help. good luck

Thank you Sir!!! I wish I was closer so I could scout more. I grew up in central AZ but moved to Texas 8 years ago. I've been out two different times scouting and have hunted the archery hunt in that unit before. I've heard it's been real dry out there lately?

When I talked to the locals about my hunt they told me where they are now isn't where they will be in Dec. That's why I was asking about the winter range.

I tried to post a pic of a bull we had pictures of in Aug, but it wouldn't let me.

Its very difficult to find a good bull in 3a/3c in the late hunts. There are always a few found but it can be a very difficult hunt. Most of the bulls have disappeared and it will only get worse the next few weeks.

Not sure about that but the archery hunt has been kicking my arse. Lol

I'll be out of town this weekend but if you are around next week let me know and I can help a little bit.

Send me a pm and I'll get you my # if you are interested.

Houston