Hello,

Taking my mother fishing this weekend, has anyone done any fishing recently or heard reports on the lower Tonto Creek near the Gisela area before it converges into Roosevelt? I know there are small mouth and trout in there but I cant find any reports on how the bite has been. Any information would be greatly appreciated, please feel free to just DM me if you prefer that.

Thanks

Not trying to bust balls here, but you've posted one report back to this forum after many requests for information.

I know I'd be sharing more with you. Good luck fishin'.

• Like 3

Not trying to bust balls here, but you've posted one report back to this forum after many requests for information.

I have no problem sharing information, I have always answered peoples questions and posted my success or lack there of when asked. I may have not openly reported back about every trip I have taken, but I have never intentionally ignored requests for info.

But I understand what you are saying, I will report back how it goes this weekend

I have no problem sharing information, I have always answered peoples questions and posted my success or lack there of when asked. I may have not openly reported back about every trip I have taken, but I have never intentionally ignored requests for info.
But I understand what you are saying, I will report back how it goes this weekend

Cool man, I just noticed your last topic went unanswered, and we like reports too!!

Not a report per se, but I can tell you that the Tonto Creek above Gun Creek USGS gauge is at 2 CFS right now, and it has been dryyyyyyy. Very few pockets of water remain anywhere near Tonto Basin.

post-3844-0-42467700-1510868488_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Cool man, I just noticed your last topic went unanswered, and we like reports too!!

Not a report per se, but I can tell you that the Tonto Creek above Gun Creek USGS gauge is at 2 CFS right now, and it has been dryyyyyyy. Very few pockets of water remain anywhere near Tonto Basin.

Thanks man I appreciate you sharing that, I will definitely share what I find up there.

jjwilli1, you will find a lot of people on CW.com do not like sharing information to those they don't know. You will find more and more people will share information as you share more about yourself and your adventures. Coueswhitetail.com has a lot fisherman, but it's primarily a hunting web site. If you are looking for a lot of good az fishing information I highly recommend you try azbasszone.com or azflyandtie.com. We definitely still want to hear all about your fishing adventures, but for more fishing content the other sites are definitely the place.

Thanks,

Adam

• Like 2

So hit up the Tonto Creek near Gisela on Saturday, as reported above the water flow was minimal and levels are low. We were able to hike in and found a deep pool where I caught a nice 3lb small mouth and couple other smaller ones (8-10 inches). I was with my mom so wasnt able to keep hiking the river as much as I would have liked, but there are some small mouth in the deeper pools if you can get to them. After Gisela we just drove up to Khols Ranch and fished the creek, a lot of decent trout swimming around we caught 3 on some power bait.

• Like 9