Sign in to follow this  
HaYen

I have to vent

Ok I don't HAVE to vent but I want too.

On a recent Elk hunt in Alpine AZ, I was talking to a shop owner who said two elk's were taken on her street. In her neighborhood. The shots were so close her ears were ringing. She called G&F but the "hunters" was able to load 1 and a half elk before fleeing. They left half an elk behind.

I was told ... you know when you are hunting and you stop by the local town and ask "Hey where are all the elk?" Well I guess some of the locals said "right there go shoot them." Well it would not have been that individuals fault had that "hunter" missed and hit a kid or baby. We have a 1/4 mile from the nearest occupied building rule in AZ. And they chose to ignore it just to bag an elk.

I was wondering why not one but two G&F officers told me to remember my distance and we had so many G&F in the unit. My elk was shot over 10 miles from any building.

I get it, it can be frustrating. Working hard to find these animals just to see them, almost flaunting themselves, in front of you in the middle of town. But its actions like this that hurt hunting in general.

Ok

I'm done

Is it ok to use a bow during an elk general hunt?

yes but what kind of try hard would do such a thing
One who wanted to hunt close to houses.

You can't hunt any closer to houses with a bow than you can with a gun legally can you?

You can't hunt any closer to houses with a bow than you can with a gun legally can you?

Good question. No loud bang to alert the whole town.

Yes you can. Its illegal to discharge a firearm within 1/4 mile of an occupied building. No different than an air rifle. Perfectly legal. On a side note there a few areas that have specific regs that say no hunting w/i 1/4 mi of an occupied building. 26m,11m, and Prescott area come to mind.

Yes you can. Its illegal to discharge a firearm within 1/4 mile of an occupied building. No different than an air rifle. Perfectly legal. On a side note there a few areas that have specific regs that say no hunting w/i 1/4 mi of an occupied building. 26m,11m, and Prescott area come to mind.

I was told by G&F launching an arrow has the same restrictions as firing a gun as far as distance from an occupied building. Now I could have argued but ... ever see the news where some individual is arguing with a law enforcement officer and they win? :-D

I will respect the distance.

My entire block (all of 7 houses) shoot bows in the back acreage. Every house except one have avid hunters living in them. Drive by not knowing, and you would think a herd of deer have taken up residence here.

• Like 2