Sign in to follow this  
elkster9

Mule Deer Euro Mount Taxidermist Recommendation

A friend of mine who lives in Chandler is looking to have his Mule Deer Buck done in a euro mount. Any recommendations for a taxidermist?

Contact Rossislider(Sean). His son Drayson does great Euro work. He has several skulls posted in the Taxidermy section. He is located in San Tan area.

• Like 3

you can do it in your backyard with a stove, pot big enough for the skull and a 12 pk of beer, wrap the bases with plastic wrap and keep them out of the water as much as you can, change the water mid simmer and for the final whitening use clean water and a big bottle of peroxide. Usually the head is done at the same time as the beer.

If you make it down south Cole with CMC Skullworks is the best around 419-4906

Thanks for the referrals guys. Yes, my son has done work for quite a few for guys on here. Lately he has had as much work as he can handle, and space in his freezer has been the biggest challenge. But now that our hunts are over for the year, he has been working hard to get caught up. With a little help from dad, he has knocked out about 20 skulls over the past couple of weeks. He hopes to be completely caught up after the Thanksgiving weekend. We finally have freezer space again if anyone needs to drop something off.

Please check out his pages and give them a like or follow.
Facebook- Great Hunter Skulls
Instagram- gr8hunterskullz

One more side note/disclaimer, because he does these out of our home, driveway, and backyard we have neighbor considerations. We recently ran into an issue where we had some really smelly, maggot filled skulls brought to him. He doesn't mind doing them, but the neighbors had some issues with the smell. We committed to them that we wouldn't do any more rotten ones. It isn't a matter money, just necessary to maintain good relations with the neighbors and not getting in trouble with the HOA. Thank you for your understanding. That said, we have built relationships with several other guys in the valley and state that do the same type of work. Some live on large pieces of property where neighbors aren't an issue, and have said they would be happy to take any of the "smelly" ones that we can't. So we would be happy to refer you to one of these guys if you fit this situation. Most charge a fair bit more than my son, but have said they would be willing to work with any of our clients on the price.

Thanks

• Like 2

I boil them regularly for friends. Pig pot, power washer and pi clean in water for a degreasing agent. I get it clean and let I'd dry then brush skull with salon 40 cream and let it sit in the sun to whiten, but I say give Drayson some business!

One more thing I'll add. If you have the tools and supplies, it is a pretty good skill to learn. But I would refrain from trying to do something "trophy" quality for your first time. While it isn't hard, we have had a lot of skulls brought to us for repair that were over boiled, broken, etc. If anyone does want to try it themselves and just needs some coaching or tips, feel free to shoot me a PM.

I boil them regularly for friends. Pig pot, power washer and pi clean in water for a degreasing agent. I get it clean and let I'd dry then brush skull with salon 40 cream and let it sit in the sun to whiten, but I say give Drayson some business!

Exactly what we do..

Drayson does great work. Why would anyone live in an HOA?

• Like 4

I also recommend Drayson for euro mounts. He did these for me this past summer. He does great work. I also have 3 more skulls this year I have to get over to him.

post-13024-0-99954000-1511015310_thumb.jpg

• Like 1