Sign in to follow this  
AZbowhntr

Filled a couple tags

Well we picked up a few leftover tags for down south and went down this last week to our little area that we hang out in. We decided that we would go down Sunday and hunt through the end of the hunt to have the unit to ourselves. Little did we know that everyone in the area had the same plan. One of my buddy's has never shot a coues deer so that was our first priority.

The first morning glassing we find a real narrow but tall 3 pt at about 800 yds bedded down. So we send our buddy off. As he is getting close the buck gets up and starts to move. That is about the time that I see the tail and realize it is a muley. So I am on the radio yelling not to shoot. Finally he understands what I am trying to say and comes back. He was ready to shoot at 175 yds before I went psycho on the radio. Most of the hunt was similar with several stalks on nice bucks but it just not working out. The last morning we were able to get him on a nice buck and he made a great 450 yd shot. We clean and quarter the buck, load it up and start packing it out. We are less than 200 yds from the road when a buck jumps in front of me and think about it for a few seconds and decide to take it. Probably my smallest buck but definitely the easiest pack ever.

Here are a couple pictures.

post-1717-0-60109900-1511234173_thumb.jpeg

post-1717-0-51846900-1511234197_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Awesome congrats

You should tell your buddy to work out - kinda scawny. Let me guess, he scared his buck to death at 450 yards. LOL. Great hunt, and thanks for sharing.