Sign in to follow this  
Physch

Quartering towards....rifle

BTW this is a shot the kid took on her first animal with a bow. I called it in while looking for a buck we had spooked earlier.

it was a straight on shot at 40 yards windy day from a 12 year old kid wearing a picachu t-shirt ,a pair of jeans and a pink freakin 25lbs bow we watched the fox circle around behind us. his head was just above a rock, the only thing she had to shoot at was the throat.(4inch x 4inch square maybe) either hit the throat or rock or watch it bounce off the forehead. I told her not to shoot she said I wont miss. arrow flew it dropped like a rock, well not really flipped over backwards and then dropped like a rock. She didnt forget what bow she was shooting nor did she dry fire her bow 2 times while it was laying on the ground.

Just say'n

post-14908-0-42590200-1512612366.jpg

Delw must be mad his kid is getting picked on on facebook so he shows up here for a pissing match no one else cares to compete in. Well done, sir.

29XYmgE.gif

• Like 1

It appears most on this thread haven't been around to enjoy Delw's banter from the good ol' days.

There were some epic threads on AZOD back in the day! I wished I saved some of those threads! :)

Delw must be mad his kid is getting picked on on facebook so he shows up here for a pissing match no one else cares to compete in. Well done, sir.

29XYmgE.gif

Naw dude I dont get mad, I just call BS when I see it.

somethings just not right with this thread. every post he posted contradicted himself.

first it was on the ground for 2 more trigger pulls then got up and looked at him broad side. then few posts later he couldnt figure out why it didnt drop like a rock.

It appears most on this thread haven't been around to enjoy Delw's banter from the good ol' days.

There were some epic threads on AZOD back in the day! I wished I saved some of those threads! :)

Oh man those were the good old days, what ever happened to the guy in tucson that was the head cop on that forum? he was always fun. I think his name was gilbert?

Then there was Thunderless Dan posting BS about a friend or brother coming back from iraq or something heck maybe it was Vietnam and killing a herd of elk with a m-16 south of winslow, but he didnt turn him in nor was he involved so he said.

• Like 1

Rugerman. I am in an area where you can take multiple lions.

I think anyone who can come on here asking for shot placement advice on the SECOND lion hes called in and shot (or shot at doesnt matter) in one year is a legit dude. Ive only seen two of them in my life and certainly havent ever called one in. If I had to guess 90% if the peanut gallery hasnt either. Count me in as impressed. As far as forgetting what rifle he was shooting. Im prettt sure if I called a cat in that close and shot once with a .270 Id be trying to knock another arrow on that thing Id be so excited.

• Like 3

Rugerman. I am in an area where you can take multiple lions.

I think anyone who can come on here asking for shot placement advice on the SECOND lion hes called in and shot (or shot at doesnt matter) in one year is a legit dude

is theres pics of the first one on here?

my only response -

he stated the cat got back up and ran away on 3 legs -

if he in fact hit that lion on either dot red or blk.

there is no way that the lion got back up and ran off on 3 legs, after taking a hit from 150 grain .270

I'm no expert but I've shot and killed enough animals with various calipers at all kinds of distances

including a called in lion at a very similar situation with a 150 grain .308 , results dead cat didn't go anywhere

• Like 1

BTW this is a shot the kid took on her first animal with a bow. I called it in while looking for a buck we had spooked earlier.

it was a straight on shot at 40 yards windy day from a 12 year old kid wearing a picachu t-shirt ,a pair of jeans and a pink freakin 25lbs bow we watched the fox circle around behind us. his head was just above a rock, the only thing she had to shoot at was the throat.(4inch x 4inch square maybe) either hit the throat or rock or watch it bounce off the forehead. I told her not to shoot she said I wont miss. arrow flew it dropped like a rock, well not really flipped over backwards and then dropped like a rock. She didnt forget what bow she was shooting nor did she dry fire her bow 2 times while it was laying on the ground.

Just say'n

wow nice shot, that a kit?

Just say'n

wow nice shot, that a kit?

Yes, 1st one I even call in or seen in the day time it was around 1pm. we were yote hunting with some friends and spooked up a very nice buck, so she ran back to truck and got her bow. we hunted that buck from the schools Christmas break to dec 31 almost every day. seen it almost every day as well that was probably the smartest deer I have ever seen. he hung out in the really thing river bottom behind me but would bed in those hills just behind the kid. came in twice to a varmit squeeler varmit call too. just windy or too far to get a shot.

after we saw the deer the 1st time we had to crank her bow up to legal hunt lbs then shoot a few shots to resight in. I took mine a few times out then quit taking it and of coarse we saw it often when she was the only one with the bow. would have made no difference I cant hit crap with my bow.

fun time forsure.