Sign in to follow this  
cjl2010

Smokers

I've smoked on a Masterbuilt for a long time and I love it. I also have a big propane one that we use for bigger gatherings. However, if you want the best there is buy a Traeger. My brother has one and his stuff is off the chart. I highly recommend pellet and the Traeger is hard to beat.

• Like 2

Dang put me on the spot. draws 6.5amps 120v. brisket or shoulder roast tops 9 hrs, chips maybe 4 hand full, you can do more or less

The amazing smoke tube just doubles your smoke, and I like smoke, thats the whole point of a smoker. Its not necessary but helps a ton with ANY smoker. You just fill it with pellets, light one end on fire with a torch or grill then blow out the flame. Smokes starts coming out a lot. I would recommend the big long one, I think mine might be a 16 or 18. I dont have to fill it up completely for the shorter smoking times. But when I smoke for 10-12 hours, it last the entire time.

• Like 1

22.5" Weber Smokey Mountain for me. Holds a ton of food. Most I've had on at once was 4 racks of ribs and 2 pork shoulders. Never had to baby it as long as you set the vents right and have enough coal. One bag of Kingsford blue bag started at 11 PM, put a packer brisket on, go to bed. Wake up at 6 AM and it's still reading 225* - 240* until the brisket reads 203*. Usually a 12+ hour smoke. Plus has a huge water pan to keep temps regulated and moisture contained. Did a 18# turkey and 9 turkey legs last Thursday, still had room for more.

However, the pellet grills look good too. I think Camp Chef now makes one. Might be something to look at. And I definitely do agree with the Maverick thermometers. They are great. Just don't get the probes over 500*. They'll short out.

Half the fun of smoking to me is the babysitting part. Im not putting in a hunk of meat and leaving for 12 hours. Im home the whole time, I dont mind checking in every couple of hours or even sitting in front of it it and drinking beer for a few hours.

• Like 4

The amazing smoke tubes and tray work great with the electric smoker. I don't even bother with the chip tray in mine anymore.

As we speak I'm pulling the trigger on a pellet smoker off of Target.com of all places. Camp Chef Smoke pro DLX on sale. $429 delivered and with tax. Has everything but the sear box. Best deal I could find and the Traegers are too spendy for me.

The amazing smoke tubes and tray work great with the electric smoker. I don't even bother with the chip tray in mine anymore.

As we speak I'm pulling the trigger on a pellet smoker off of Target.com of all places. Camp Chef Smoke pro DLX on sale. $429 delivered and with tax. Has everything but the sear box. Best deal I could find and the Traegers are too spendy for me.

Nice! Let us know how you like it. Not sure I’d have a Traeger if I hadn’t gotten a really good deal on it...definitely spendy.

Dang put me on the spot. draws 6.5amps 120v. brisket or shoulder roast tops 9 hrs, chips maybe 4 hand full, you can do more or less

56 cents if you have SRP.

• Like 1