Sign in to follow this  
cjl2010

Smokers

Dang put me on the spot. draws 6.5amps 120v. brisket or shoulder roast tops 9 hrs, chips maybe 4 hand full, you can do more or less

56 cents if you have SRP.

I have APS so probably $15

• Like 1

Im doing another brisket on the traeger thurs night Ill post pics. 15lb usually do it for 16-18 hrs. Sell me your scope and buy a traeger

• Like 2

Dang put me on the spot. draws 6.5amps 120v. brisket or shoulder roast tops 9 hrs, chips maybe 4 hand full, you can do more or less

56 cents if you have SRP.

I have APS so probably $15

SRP is 8.03 cents per KW. You can go online and see what APS charges but then they do peak too. I have an old Brinkman smoker and use El Diablo Mesquite Charcoal.

• Like 1

all this talking about smoking, i think i need to fire mine up this weekend.

Heres a pic of mine, Ill be upgrading to the Yoder YS460 soon. This is a Teton from the NWTF that I won at auction. Works great, smoked 3 turkeys at one time. Two 14lbs and one 17lb

post-2686-0-93714800-1511928371_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

I have done both traditional wood in homemade smoker and right now use a master built Home Depot dual fuel smoker with propane and wood. I can run 8 rib racks or 4 brisket. It does need babysitting but I like working around the house and smoking all day. The dual fuel helps with consistent temps and the wood gives the flavor. Hickory is good and I also like citrus wood I got from edge. My next toy will be the wireless meat thermometer that is a must. Very soon when hunting season is done I will be building another smoker and go back to wood only. If you can run a wood stove you can get a smoker to run with little fussing

• Like 2

Man lots of good stuff on here and I will post up some pics next time I get my smoker rolling. I'm old school and baby sit the heck outa my fire. I have a few friends that have a tregar and they love it. I have an offset smoker and it was quite the learning curve but once you get to know your smoker you really can keep a constant temp for hours.

• Like 2

Okay, dont judge me but I have have four Traegers. One 32 biggun for large groups, my Pro22 for everday use, an old Lil Tex at my place in Mexico, and a Tailgator for hunting camp. The big thing with the Traeger, is you can smoke, grill and bake. I cook biscuits on mine that are so flakey, with hint of smoke that will drive you nuts. Pizza, tater tots, cookies, french fries,pigs in a blanket.... the list goes on and on. I have a Weber lp stainless that only gets used to blister green chilis each summer, or keep what I cook on the Traeger warm till needed. I started with a previously mentioned Traeger knock off, returned it after a fiery fiasco. Ol man Traeger got it right!

• Like 1