Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

No Surprise

A top staffer for an Arizona congressman threatens to sue him for being too often drunk at work and creating a hostile work environment.

So naturally, she is quietly given a $48,000 payoff – courtesy of you and me.

Rep. Raúl Grijalva in 2015 agreed to give the woman five months’ pay to keep her mouth shut and go away, according to the Washington Times. This, just three months after she began working for him.

Not harassment, but what exactly?

Grijalva’s response? Hey, at least I wasn’t accused of sexual harassment.

“On the advice of House Employment Counsel, I provided a severance package to a former employee who resigned,” he said, in a statement provided to the Times. “The severance did not involve the Office of Compliance and at no time was any allegation of sexual harassment made, and no sexual harassment occurred.”

Well, credit to Grijalva for keeping his hands to himself. But showing up to represent the state of Arizona while three sheets to the wind? Is it true?

It seems we aren't entitled to know.

Grijalva said he couldn’t provide any further details due to an agreement to keep this thing confidential. "Regrettably, for me to provide any further details on this matter would violate the agreement,” he told the Times.

Well, isn’t that just wonderful? The public can supply hush money. We just aren’t allowed to know the details of what, exactly, is being hushed up.

We've paid millions to hush accusers
  • Like 2

Raul Grijalva is a waste of oxygen. The only reason he keeps getting reelected, is that nobody wants anything to do with his district, and nobody of significance runs against him.

I'll let you figure out where it is.

• Like 1

Same guy that wanted to make a new wilderness area along the border so no BP vehicles could patrol there.

Grijalva was also arrested in the protest at Trump tower, back in September. The dude is a bottom feeder.

For what, stealing the silverware?

Grijalva, and that scumbag from Illinois, sat down in the roadway in front of Trump tower, and refused to move. All 3 congressmen were arrested. They were demanding that Congress pass the Dream Act.

Grijalva, and that scumbag from Illinois, sat down in the roadway in front of Trump tower, and refused to move. All 3 congressmen were arrested. They were demanding that Congress pass the Dream Act.

When are sitting in the street you are not a protester. You are a speed bump

• Like 1

When are sitting in the street you are not a protester. You are a speed bump

Vroom Vroom... challenge accepted.