idgaf

Which trophy is a greater accomplishment?

Whats the greater accomplishment  

98 members have voted

1. 1. which is a greater accomplishment

• 850 yard shot at 110" coues with a 6.5 creedmore from a tripod
    • 12 yard shot at a forked horn coues with a longbow

Neither. A 1000 yard shot on a coyote would be a trophy to me.

and ADHD takes over...
Nope, your choices are just narrow minded. If I had to choose it would be the deer with the rifle. I wouldn't shoot a forky.

the scope is narrow. this was intended to see opinions on short range primitive and long range technical. This was not intended for you to give your view on great shots. you can create your own poll for that.

Then why the difference in deer? If your intentions were to find out how many choose a modern way of killing v.s. a primitive way then you need to make everything else equal. The deer needs to be the constant and the weapons need to be the variable. If the deer was big enough to take than the bow kill would be the most rewarding. You also need to realize that while many hunt deer, it's not their favorite game to chase. I gave my opinion on the subject and like a Hillary, you had to be a b!tch about it because it didn't fit within your narrow view.

Kinda tough question for me. The long rifle shot is a testament of marksmanship, but not so much hunting skill. The chip shot on the coues is a testament of bow hunting sneakiness etc, but not a tough shot even for trad gear.

I’m going with the bow shot, because I think there’s many fewer that are able to accomplish that than the long range shot with a high dollar rifle, ballistic computer, etc.

haha you do know he said Forky right? it doesnt take hunting skill or sneakiness to get with in 12 yards of a forky, even longshooter can get that close to one. Of coarse he would miss even with a shotgun.

• Like 1

Kinda tough question for me. The long rifle shot is a testament of marksmanship, but not so much hunting skill. The chip shot on the coues is a testament of bow hunting sneakiness etc, but not a tough shot even for trad gear.

Im going with the bow shot, because I think theres many fewer that are able to accomplish that than the long range shot with a high dollar rifle, ballistic computer, etc.

haha you do know he said Forky right? it doesnt take hunting skill or sneakiness to get with in 12 yards of a forky, even longshooter can get that close to one. Of coarse he would miss even with a shotgun.
Then post up your pics of the one you got if anyone can get that close.
  • Like 1

Neither. A 1000 yard shot on a coyote would be a trophy to me.

and ADHD takes over...
Nope, your choices are just narrow minded. If I had to choose it would be the deer with the rifle. I wouldn't shoot a forky.

the scope is narrow. this was intended to see opinions on short range primitive and long range technical. This was not intended for you to give your view on great shots. you can create your own poll for that.
Then why the difference in deer? If your intentions were to find out how many choose a modern way of killing v.s. a primitive way then you need to make everything else equal. The deer needs to be the constant and the weapons need to be the variable. If the deer was big enough to take than the bow kill would be the most rewarding. You also need to realize that while many hunt deer, it's not their favorite game to chase. I gave my opinion on the subject and like a Hillary, you had to be a b!tch about it because it didn't fit within your narrow view.
Dude, chill, this is a hypothetical, irrelevant-to-life, inconsequential poll on an obscure website forum that only like 20 people read regularly. No need to get all roid raged up about it.

Deep breaths.

• Like 2

shooting a forkhorn is like porking a fat chick, you don't tell your friends about it..

Speak for yourself.

I’m going with the bow shot, because I think there’s many fewer that are able to accomplish that than the long range shot with a high dollar rifle, ballistic computer, etc.

There’s lots of guys around that have been trying for years to get ANY Coues Deer with a bow. A spike can bust you just as well as a 110”. I’ve killed both with a bow... and been busted by both. Maaaaaany times.

You don’t get busted at 850 yards by anything unless you’re hunting with a marching band

Dude, chill, this is a hypothetical, irrelevant-to-life, inconsequential poll on an obscure website forum that only like 20 people read regularly. No need to get all roof raged up about it.

Deep breaths.

Roof raged up? Whatever that is. If you're going to play Captain Save-a-Hoe you need to be more original.

I'm not angry with anyone, this thread is irrelevant and hilarious. I made a statement and called someone out for being punk. You don't need to be all "ROOF RAGED UP" to call it like it is. I even answered his original question.....twice.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Coues guys remind me of trout(aka gay bass) guys on a Bass fishing forum. they get so testy about the little things a forky is still a forky no matter if its a mule deer white tail couse deer or elk, just plain young and dumb ;)

• Like 1

shooting a forkhorn is like porking a fat chick, you don't tell your friends about it..

Speak for yourself.
I always do
I would drive around and show it off.

Well I ordered a custom long bow from Bamabows 2 years ago, going to be using it here soon. It would be cool to kill a buck with it. I still need lots of practice!

Since I don't have either of those Ill go with a 110 inch wall hanger first!! Why? Because of just that its a big wall hanger! But my excitement with a bow would be no difference.

Speak for yourself.
I always do
I would drive around and show it off.

you would shoot a forky on purpose?