Sign in to follow this  
EagleEye

Unit ten elk ?? On the Bo not seen one elk

I have a friend up there, he is seeing bulls, just to far to shoot.

Ive been seeing bulls start feeding at 8-9 am. I think they are up feeding with the full moon at sunset and then bedding way before daylight. Then up feeding again late in the morning. Stay out all day and glass the shady pockets on the mountain.

I saw 4 bulls feeding at 10 am this morning. Then saw another bull come out of the thick stuff at 4:00 pm. Feed for 30 minutes then bed in the open. He was waithing for the sun to set to feed under the moon.

that sucks you'll find them.

sorry but the title and name caught my attention and I couldnt help but chime in.... You might want to see about a different nick Name ;)

post-14908-0-78363800-1512286335_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

sorry but the title and name caught my attention and I couldnt help but chime in.... You might want to see about a different nick Name ;)

Funny!

As amazing as 10 can be for archery...10 can be very tough for rifle. Glassing is the best way to find the bulls.

Last time my dad hunted the rifle glassing bulls at 3-4 miles was not uncommon. Then closing the distance to less than 1 mike and better identifying what you have is the normal.

Full moon does not mean the will not be out feeding during the day just means the May bed and get up and feed in less typical areas.

• Like 2

Funny!
cut him some slack...he looked for almost a whole day and a half¡¡!! ;)
  • Like 2

Sorry man I just thought your nick and the title was funny,

wasnt raggin on you for not seeing anything. you will find them eventually, but if you dont get your nicked changed ;)

My buddies in 7e had the same problem. They saw 1 cow elk in 4 days. No bulls. They saw 1 swinging in a camp and everyone else had seen nothing also. Sounds like a super tough year.

My buddy and his daughter tagged out on a spike and a 5×4. Opening morning in 7e. Said both were were bedded down at 8:30 am. Sure this moon had them up feeding all night.