Sign in to follow this  
azruger

Cow elk unit 8

Headed up tomorrow in the am for our family cow elk hunt. 4 tags to fill should be a blast watching the kids and their mom hunt. Food times with the family... cold nights by a fire in Arizona elk country. Good luck to all

• Like 3

Good luck! I had a really good cow hunt in 6A. I had two small herds (12-15) that were spooked come running full tilt at me the first day, but no way to single out a cow with some bulls mixed in. Second day, same thing but they were running right through a dispersed campground near Pine Grove Quiet area. The last place I would have thought they would be. LOL. Third day I finally got off a shot at a cow that was grazing and it was the first time in awhile that I saw an animal collapse through my scope. It was the first chance I got to use a 1950's Remington bolt action 300 H&H Magnum that was a steal on an internet auction. post-14374-0-16205200-1512585785_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Believe me I am not bragging on me, just on my rifle pictured above. This is a hundred yard target. Yeah, I know, it's just two shots...LOL..I am old, bad eyes and overweight so I quit with this two shot group cause I knew the next shot might be a foot away. :P The rifle was sighted in for 200 so 2" high at 100 was about right.

post-14374-0-56843200-1512587091.jpg