Christian2

OTC Winslow/Holbrook and verde valley hunt

A buddy and I are looking to try to scout this area and are wanting to hunt in early this year. I was just wondering if anyone has hunted these areas and would be willing to share a few pointers. I understand its going to be a very difficult hunt and getting access to private land would be very beneficial. We are willing to put in work and are going to start scouting in January. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you !

Christian

There was a rancher at the G&F commission meeting that I am sure would love to help. The Elk are eating his crops, knocking down fences, and ruining his irrigation. Call the WM or the regional office LE. It will be a tough hunt as the Elk are smart. They sneak out to the fields at night and get back to the jungle of the lower colorado before light.

Hunt as close to the river bottoms as you can get. It is a thick jungle but that is where they spend the day. It is pretty difficult to get a shot of in that thick river bottom brush, I'm sure if your persistent enough you could make something happen. Good Luck

• Like 1

if you hunt the MAZE jungle in the river bottom -- use a single shot pistol - no chance to raise a rifle - tooo thick

not a fun hunt

• Like 1

As said above not a fun hunt but it can be done. We have had success during the rut in the thick nasty stuff.