Sign in to follow this  
azshtr

WTF is up with some hunters

Rant: Headed down a long rough road to the parking area I was going hunting in. 1 Hour rough drive on quad. Passed a grandma speed polaris UTV about half way. Made it to the parking area, now an hour hike up and down hills to reach the good stuff... near the base of where it gets steep. I'm glassing what I can see before pushing on. Pushing on means only 1 good way to go. It's steep right, it's steep left. However go straight and it gets better then you can really see good country. 30 minutes of glassing I hear 2 guys coming up behind behind me. Yep... polaris guys. Small chat for a minute and they say well good luck... and walk directly in front of where I'm glassing and into the area I'm working into. Is it just me was that an a-hole move?

Did you post your private property sign?

Just kidding.

Public lands enable us all to use them. We all have been irritated by a similar situation.

• Like 4

Happens to me all the time! If it's public land they have the right, but I ALWAYS ensure they know I think they are @$$ holes for doing it. 99% of the time I can get someone to realize they are ethicaly in the wrong and turn around, but there's always a few who don't!

• Like 1

I have been glassing for over an hour before and had someone come set up in front of me and start glassing the same country. And he owns one of the local shops. My friends and I looked at each other like what the F just happened. Some peoples brains just don't work right I guess.

• Like 2

Happens to me all the time! If it's public land they have the right, but I ALWAYS ensure they know I think they are @$$ holes for doing it. 99% of the time I can get someone to realize they are ethicaly in the wrong and turn around, but there's always a few who don't!

I have witnessed this a few times works pretty good.

• Like 1

Had something similar happen to me. Found 2 good bulls on the same ridge 2nd day of the hunt. Was not willing to take the 1000 yard shot and spent the rest of the day looking for a safe passage off the cliffs to get closer. Found a semi-safe route but bulls were bedded in the thick brush. 2nd daya Parade of polaris rangers (3-4 with 2-3 guys in each one) showed up, started lobbing hail marys and missing by 5 at the biggest bull. The other bull was lower on the ridge. I was hoping they would not see him, but when you have 6-7 guys and one tag holder all glassing there was no such luck. They shot at him too and missed. 30 minutes into the morning hunt all bulls spooked off the mountain.

Sounds like they were polite and on their way in before you ever showed up. Can’t see how they did anything wrong.

I wouldn’t change my plans for the morning just because somebody blew by me on a dirt road

• Like 1

The "small chat" would have been the time to ask what their plan was and see what you could have worked out to both hunt the area. They worked just as hard as you getting there.

• Like 7

I have been glassing for over an hour before and had someone come set up in front of me and start glassing the same country. And he owns one of the local shops. My friends and I looked at each other like what the F just happened. Some peoples brains just don't work right I guess.

Their brains work just fine. They just think they are more important than you. Some people are just a$$holes.

• Like 2