Sign in to follow this  
azshtr

WTF is up with some hunters

But it was ok to pass them as they were to the road before you were? sounds like they beat you to the punch and you had to hurry and pass them. Who leapfrogged who?

Now since they were ahead of you ..why not stop and say hey you beat me to the punch what is your plan? Maybe work something out before getting there.

Kinda tortise and hare. you were ahead but they still won the race.

If some body blew by me on a dead end road that I was on first( would not happen) I would do the same thing.

total d!ck move passing someone that beat you to the punch on a dead end road. Unless you were waved by(would not happen from me).

This is funny! I normally dont let people pass either but I got passed on a dirt road this year that didnt turn out so good. I was on a really Rough and dusty road when I seen someone up ahead. I kept my distance from the truck ahead of me since it was a long rough road and the chances were we werent going to the same place.

I look back and someone has caught up to me somehow and is riding my tailgate.

I keep watching the truck tailgating me when he decides hes going to try and pass me. He hits the gas and starts to go around so I floored it and wouldnt let him back on the road. This dudes truck was bouncing like crazy, his truck bed cover went in the air, came down and smashed into pieces Landing in his bed.

Then he threw a boulder that smashed my front bumper. I had my wifes dad along to experience his first hunt. (Not his tag) he started getting nervous so I backed down and let him on the road. He got to the truck ahead of us and did the same thing to him.

Maybe some will think I was in the wrong. Maybe I shouldnt of got heated when he tried to pass but I think its pretty disrespectful to try and pass someone that isnt offering to let you pass.

Not saying the op did anything wrong by passing since they waved you on.

It seems to me that he treated you with the same amount of respect as you treated him, absolutely none.
  • Like 2

But it was ok to pass them as they were to the road before you were? sounds like they beat you to the punch and you had to hurry and pass them. Who leapfrogged who?

Now since they were ahead of you ..why not stop and say hey you beat me to the punch what is your plan? Maybe work something out before getting there.

Kinda tortise and hare. you were ahead but they still won the race.

If some body blew by me on a dead end road that I was on first( would not happen) I would do the same thing.

total d!ck move passing someone that beat you to the punch on a dead end road. Unless you were waved by(would not happen from me).

This is funny! I normally dont let people pass either but I got passed on a dirt road this year that didnt turn out so good. I was on a really Rough and dusty road when I seen someone up ahead. I kept my distance from the truck ahead of me since it was a long rough road and the chances were we werent going to the same place.

I look back and someone has caught up to me somehow and is riding my tailgate.

I keep watching the truck tailgating me when he decides hes going to try and pass me. He hits the gas and starts to go around so I floored it and wouldnt let him back on the road. This dudes truck was bouncing like crazy, his truck bed cover went in the air, came down and smashed into pieces Landing in his bed.

Then he threw a boulder that smashed my front bumper. I had my wifes dad along to experience his first hunt. (Not his tag) he started getting nervous so I backed down and let him on the road. He got to the truck ahead of us and did the same thing to him.

Maybe some will think I was in the wrong. Maybe I shouldnt of got heated when he tried to pass but I think its pretty disrespectful to try and pass someone that isnt offering to let you pass.

Not saying the op did anything wrong by passing since they waved you on.

It seems to me that he treated you with the same amount of respect as you treated him, absolutely none.
300RUM . What respect was he supposed to give? He woke up and got on the road earlier . If someone beats me on to the dirt Rd I slow down and give some distance and in hope you dont stop in the spot I plan on parking and going in on . I dont race passed you and another vehicle to beat you to a spot. The next day I wake up and get moving earlier.

Respect? What are you guys talking about other than jumping to conclusions. I pulled behind them, they waved me past, they happened to walk the same ridge as I, we had small talk for about 30 seconds (see anything? Does. Yeah, us as well) and they said "we are going up there" which was exactly where I was glassing. That is the situation in a nut shell.

Maybe you should have returned the favor and waved them past too ;)

I guess I did, I went the other way.

If someone comes up behind me on a road I pull over and let them pass. I expect the same courtesy in return. Common sense.

• Like 8

I cant believe this is still going. Let me change out my tampon real quick and Ill come back and tell my story.

Just leave it unplugged this thread is all about dribbling

• Like 1

I'm really suprised how many disrespectful hunting techniques I'm reading on this thread. I honestly thought we had a better group of hunters on this site!

• Like 2

I'm really suprised how many disrespectful hunting techniques I'm reading on this thread. I honestly thought we had a better group of hunters on this site!

I hear ya. I would have just beat the ever loving sh!t outta the guy and moved on my way.