Sign in to follow this  
azshtr

WTF is up with some hunters

I cant believe this is still going. Let me change out my tampon real quick and Ill come back and tell my story.

Remember, don't flush it. That might cause a clogg down at the water treatment plant.
  • Like 1

Im just curious what kind of nasty two track road your on that has enough room to even attempt passing a moving vehicle?

Full size vehicle two tracks and utv / quads have different widths.

I was a backpacker long before I started hunting (4th season) and I used to nearly lose my cool and sometimes did, when hunters would block me from passing them on a trail. It didn't happen often, but those times still stand out to me. The culture hasn't changed for a percentage of hunters unfortunately. Boneheads assumed I was a hunter and just couldn't stand the thought that we were going to get 'their' animal. Just silly. More so now that I hunt even. What does it say about you as a hunter if you can't hack a couple people with the same interests as you, thinks the way you do, and enjoys the same country as you, from beating you to 'your' single spot? Fact of the matter; is that you BOTH actually have a lot in common and would very likely have a great conversation and have a wealth of knowledge to share with each other - IF you didn't let your ego get in the way, thereby turning you in to a 1st class, A1A butthead.

I know a couple folks have pointed out that this thread is carrying on and is somewhat silly in nature. I agree. But there are few folks that could use the perspective and will maybe open to looking at things a little differently.

If any of you see a lifted 2012 magnetic grey Tacoma with a Tule rack on top in your rear-view. Please let me through. Trust me. We're not going to be in the same spot unless you've got an overnight pack in your back seat. And if you do, we'll swap stories over whatever 80 proof liquid has made it into my Nalgene bottle. Meeting a fellow backpack hunter on the trail in or at the TH is the equivalent of the hunter's version of Match.com - in a strictly dude kinda way! lol

• Like 5

I was a backpacker long before I started hunting (4th season) and I used to nearly lose my cool and sometimes did, when hunters would block me from passing them on a trail. It didn't happen often, but those times still stand out to me. The culture hasn't changed for a percentage of hunters unfortunately. Boneheads assumed I was a hunter and just couldn't stand the thought that we were going to get 'their' animal. Just silly. More so now that I hunt even. What does it say about you as a hunter if you can't hack a couple people with the same interests as you, thinks the way you do, and enjoys the same country as you, from beating you to 'your' single spot? Fact of the matter; is that you BOTH actually have a lot in common and would very likely have a great conversation and have a wealth of knowledge to share with each other - IF you didn't let your ego get in the way, thereby turning you in to a 1st class, A1A butthead.

I know a couple folks have pointed out that this thread is carrying on and is somewhat silly in nature. I agree. But there are few folks that could use the perspective and will maybe open to looking at things a little differently.

If any of you see a lifted 2012 magnetic grey Tacoma with a Tule rack on top in your rear-view. Please let me through. Trust me. We're not going to be in the same spot unless you've got an overnight pack in your back seat. And if you do, we'll swap stories over whatever 80 proof liquid has made it into my Nalgene bottle. Meeting a fellow backpack hunter on the trail in or at the TH is the equivalent of the hunter's version of Match.com - in a strictly dude kinda way! lol

Actually we were having a normal conversation. Which immediately ended by them declaring they were going "that way"... meaning where I was glassing. They immediately started walking and I was for lack of any other description dumb struck, watching them hike off.

Trust me. We're not going to be in the same spot unless you've got an overnight pack in your back seat. And if you do, we'll swap stories over whatever 80 proof liquid has made it into my Nalgene bottle. Meeting a fellow backpack hunter on the trail in or at the TH is the equivalent of the hunter's version of Match.com - in a strictly dude kinda way! lol

Didn't they already make movie about that a few years back - in a strickly dude kinda way... Broke Back Mountain ;)

Trust me. We're not going to be in the same spot unless you've got an overnight pack in your back seat. And if you do, we'll swap stories over whatever 80 proof liquid has made it into my Nalgene bottle. Meeting a fellow backpack hunter on the trail in or at the TH is the equivalent of the hunter's version of Match.com - in a strictly dude kinda way! lol

Didn't they already make movie about that a few years back - in a strickly dude kinda way... Broke Back Mountain ;)

That's messed up. Don't make me self-conscious and feel like I need to delete/edit my post.

Actually we were having a normal conversation. Which immediately ended by them declaring they were going "that way"... meaning where I was glassing. They immediately started walking and I was for lack of any other description dumb struck, watching them hike off.

I think we all get your point and don't disagree with some aspects of what you're saying. Was there another way that those guys could have hiked that was within reason, say a 15-20min detour... that would have taken them around the hillside you were glassing? Realizing of course 'reasonable' is relative to each individual. But I wouldn't think twice about finding another relatively short route a bit out of my way and didn't take me through wicked scrub oak, wait-a-minute, or manzanita

I think we all get your point and don't disagree with some aspects of what you're saying. Was there another way that those guys could have hiked that was within reason, say a 15-20min detour... that would have taken them around the hillside you were glassing? Realizing of course 'reasonable' is relative to each individual. But I wouldn't think twice about finding another relatively short route a bit out of my way and didn't take me through wicked scrub oak, wait-a-minute, or manzanita

Yes there was and yes I took it.

I think that G&F should outlaw the ORV for hunting and fishing so these situations wont cause all of this mayhem.

I think that G&F should outlaw the ORV for hunting and fishing so these situations wont cause all of this mayhem.

Maybe they could also outlaw boots and trekking poles.

• Like 1

Or maybe just lemp rested sissies...
  • Like 2

Or maybe just lemp rested sissies...

Can you imagine the game & fish guys assessing people in the field: "Ok sir, let me see your hunting license & your tag. Okay that looks good.... just one more thing. I need you to hold this martini glass for a second..... "

• Like 1