Sign in to follow this  
eastvalleyjerry

Suggestions on Rangefinders

If anyone has an opinion i would appreciate it. I am considering adding the Vortex Optics Ranger 1000 or the Leopold RX-1200i Tbr Rangefinder. Does anyone have experience with either of these. I want something that can get me good ranges out to 800 yards.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/ranger-1000-rangefinder

https://www.leupold.com/rangefinders/hunting-rangefinders/rx-1200i-tbr-w-with-dna-digital-laser-rangefinder

Thanks,

My rule on rangefinders is add 50 percent to the distance you want to actually range critters in the field. Companies test distances on hard objects not deer.

For 800 yards in the field reliably every time, I'd run the Sig 1250 or 2000...

If not, find you a Leica. I've got multiple of each.

• Like 1

The leupold 1200 tbr w dna (must be the dna model) is the best bng for your buck out there. I have one and a leica 1600 b. Had the sig and wasnt impressed enough to keep it. I use the leupold for archery and the leica for rifle. Also had the vortex before and really didnt like it. Probably my least favorite rangefinder.

• Like 2

I didn't like the interface on the 1600B-- I like the Leupold 1200tbr that I have right now but I find the glass is a bit dark. I'm going to Cabelas soon to take a look at the Sig 2200 that is on sale and decide between those two.

Don't pay more than $250 for a new Leupold-- they are on sale several times a year at Cabelas-- like right now.

I have the Leupold and like it - also have the Lecia 1600B.

All depends on what you are looking for and the distance- I would say you can't go wrong with the Leupold unless you want to range past 800 yds and need ballistic data.

With that being said, always plan for the future, I wish I would have gotten the G7 to begin with- as I will probably get one after buying the Leupold and the Lecia.

The leupold 1200 tbr w dna (must be the dna model) is the best bng for your buck out there. I have one and a leica 1600 b. Had the sig and wasnt impressed enough to keep it. I use the leupold for archery and the leica for rifle. Also had the vortex before and really didnt like it. Probably my least favorite rangefinder.

HAHA i have the same setup and use both the same. Now looking at the G7 and the Kil0 2400

• Like 1

I'm probably gonna get roasted for this but,guys put to much technology into this sh!t. I've been using my Lica 900 scan for years and it has never let me down add in some simple math with angles and its dead every time . The range finder will get you close ,add in your own angle composition and it will usually hit every time . The choices are unlimited, but try not to buy into the bullsh!t of 2000 dollar range finders unless you are hunting mosquitoes...trust me .........

• Like 1