Sign in to follow this  
BrianID

My NM Coues

Here is a picture of my first Coues buck that I tagged last month in New Mexico. I've been mostly a mule deer and elk hunter growing up in Idaho and now live in El Paso. He isn't very big but I couldn't turn down a symmetrical 8 point frame.

post-15868-0-07017400-1513038114_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Nice job. Are you really Peyton Manning? That would be pretty cool too!!

Being from Idaho too I can tell you that they all look small at first. The first coues buck I ever saw was on a javelina hunt which I had a deer tag in my pocket and purposefully scared a really nice buck away because I thought he was going to mess up my javelina hunt. I just thought he was a little buck. And last year a buddy of mine from Idaho passed on two mid 80's bucks because he thought they were little. Luckily he redeemed himself this year. Congrats on a nice buck.

For a coues he isn't too big. I did a rough score on him and he is a little less than 80". He is a nice representative coues and a symmetrical 8 pointer so I just couldn't pass him up. His steaks are also better than any mule deer I've had.

I've heard the Peyton Manny comment many times before but I'm not related to him. A couple years ago for Halloween I put on a Bronco's jersey and dressed up as Peyton Manny.

• Like 2