Sign in to follow this  
Dpduckhunter13

Please delete!!

Be sure and file a police report, with S/Ns and model #s of everything. That will automatically go to the nationwide database which is monitored by pawn shops. They (the good ones) know to scan high end optics as well as other potentially stolen goods and will notify local L.E. if your items show up.

That is a tough blow, has happened to me and it makes you madder than &*IIOI. Always save paperwork, receipts and photos. Even then, sorry to say, accept that they are likely gone for good.

forepaw

• Like 1

Pretty brave to break into a garage. Good way to get shot. Hope he gets his stuff back!

So sad...

All, make sure you call and discuss the coverage of your homeowners insurance. Ask how much is covered for theft... ask about guns and optics.

I found out my homeowners (State Farm) would only cover a very small portion of the value. I got a rider policy that protects me up to $20K no matter where I am if its stolen I am covered. It's extra but I am covered.

Don't assume your standard coverage will cover your loss.

Call!!!

• Like 6

I hope those guys slip up and get caught and you can get your gear back!! File the police report and def check your insurance.

I had a rude surprise too when I found out there were limitations on my policy for firearms and optics. I had to add a rider to my policy as well.

Since then I keep an excel document with serial numbers, make and model of everything of value-- scopes, binos, guns and I have pics of them in there and the serial numbers as well just for that reason.

We will all be keeping an eye out on other forums!!