Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

mexican wolves

only trip to big lake in october saw 3 wolves-no collars-eatin' on a roadkill elk about a half mile south of sheeps crossing. fat dogs 4 sure.

lee

Had eight, 3 collared, push a giant herd of 200 or more over the top of us opening morning. Lots of small sixes, and fives, broken legged cow as well as a collared and ear tagged cow. Talked to another hunter who had the same thing happen several miles away. Same herd, and wolves. All those elk had their mouths wide open and tongues hanging out. Must be heck on those pregnant cows. Got some pretty good video I will post one of these days.

Oddly enough the wolves picked us up pretty quick and got out. They dang sure weren't hurting for much.

We had 6 pick us up pretty quick to, they came in on dead run straight at us from about 300 yards out. Had to do some quick thinking to prepare for the worse. They ended up stoping 100-75 yards out and circled around us.

post-2686-0-78203100-1513570883_thumb.jpeg

post-2686-0-87941500-1513570913_thumb.png

only trip to big lake in october saw 3 wolves-no collars-eatin' on a roadkill elk about a half mile south of sheeps crossing. fat dogs 4 sure.

lee

And you didn't swerve?

• Like 2

We had 6 pick us up pretty quick to, they came in on dead run straight at us from about 300 yards out. Had to do some quick thinking to prepare for the worse. They ended up stoping 100-75 yards out and circled around us.

attachicon.gif56BDE2D3-56AF-4251-91CD-6A2692ED3ADD.jpeg

attachicon.gifE5794FB4-FE22-44C4-8FC6-6F9D96534A4C.png

Those are some great coyote pics.....

• Like 5

We might have to take things into our own hands. I don't want to see wolves ruin this State in My lifetime........BOB!

I watched 3 chase a small herd of bulls in the unit 1 late hunt. No collars

lee

And you didn't swerve?

wrong side of the fence