Sign in to follow this  
Elkaddict

Portal for juniors

Maybe it will be added to the "family sub accounts" section for kids under 13??? It will be interesting to hear what they say.

That's actually what I would like to do, I'll ask if they have a time frame for the family sub-accounts.

• Like 1

Like others, both my kids have portal accounts and have had one since they were 9. It must be a part of the new portal changes and, most likely, related to the child privacy act. I think I'll bring this up at the next Hunter Ed Advisory Committee meeting, though. Whoever it was that said above that their kids won't be able to see their results is correct. Maybe it will, in fact, be set up for a family sub account.

Was told by G & F that the system is set up that they have to be 13, but they are working to change that in the next month or two.??? Also the family sub account should be going by then and hopefully that will also take care of the age thing.

• Like 1

Got this from G&F today.

"Hi Terry To follow up on your first question, with the conversion to the new portal interface, we are evaluating some of our policies. With the new interface, weve made a change in response to legal requirements to require people to be age 13 or older to establish a portal account. Because we have big game hunts for which youth ages 10-13 are eligible to apply, we plan to implement family sub-accounts. We dont have a specific date for when this will occur, but we are working on it. To answer your second question, your grandson will not need a portal account to apply online."

My question now would be, can we get the point guard without the portal?

I just checked my son's account and it all worked properly. He is 11. I logged in and could view his tag (his first tag!!!). I did not yet try to apply for elk/antelope, so don't know if that will work.

Neither his account or mine show the bonus point for hunter education, which we completed about a month ago. Perhaps they need time to enter into the system that we successfully passed.

Neither of our accounts would let us "open" our hunting licenses, to reprint. We don't need to as we saved them to pdf when purchased.

I just checked my son's account and it all worked properly. He is 11. I logged in and could view his tag (his first tag!!!). I did not yet try to apply for elk/antelope, so don't know if that will work.

Neither his account or mine show the bonus point for hunter education, which we completed about a month ago. Perhaps they need time to enter into the system that we successfully passed.

Neither of our accounts would let us "open" our hunting licenses, to reprint. We don't need to as we saved them to pdf when purchased.

If you made one for him before the switch over it will work. If you tried to make one now it wouldn't.
  • Like 1

Just finished putting him in for Junior elk, point guard is unavailable because he doesn't have a portal account. So we shall see how this goes.

Has anyone heard more on the sub-account option? I have been trying to find out when this will become available but after 15 minutes on hold I left a voicemail. That was over a day ago and I still haven't been called back. I will try calling again tomorrow if time permits. Hopefully they get this figured out before the draw is completed.

It said coming soon or something today when I was on. You can apply without it just follow the prompts. DO NOT WAIT TIL TOMORROW DEADLINE IS TONIGHT!!!