Sign in to follow this  
azcouesandelk

Headlamps

Wanting to get everyone's input on what headlamps they are using and what they are recommending. Been running the same Petzl for the last 15 years and it finally decided to die on me.

There are so many really good ones available these days under $20 makes me feel silly for my $60+ petzl that's still my go-to. One thing I find annoying about headlamps is they have so many "modes" - bright, brighter, flashing, red, green - and you have to cycle through all of them.

I want one that is really bright and has two modes, on and off with one big button you can feel through gloves.

• Like 2

Black Diamond and older Petzl as backup. Also extra batteries.

I received two streamlight bandits as gifts. High and low beam, high is 180 lumens. They are only white light and have a lithium rechargable battery and usb cord. I think the cost is around $25. There is a head band and a clip for the bill of your hat.

I have a black diamond that has a bunch of different settings but usually try to go as low light as possible. They have some crazy powerful lights out there but I don't have any need to light up the entire side of a mountain hiking in to a hunting spot in the morning.

Bought a Fenix hp25r.

Lights up the world. Do I need it all the time? Nah. Just for snake avoidance and finding down deer 2 hours after I take a shot in last light.

Nothing sucks more than needing more power and not having it. Now a days they have 16 million settings for these things.

I have a Fenix headlamp and a Fenix hand held and keep spare 3500mA batteries with me. Both put out close to 1000 lumens and have 5 brightness levels. I also have a charger that works on 110v or a car charger.

The headlamp also had a pair of red LED's. I've been using Fenix for close to 10 years and only had to send one back to have the switch replaced which they did for $5 and both a made out of aircraft grade aluminum.