Sign in to follow this  
rschaumb

No rut behavior

Busy month for me, moving in new home, family in town, been out to scout and have seen nice Bucks. Hoping for good luck the last four days of this hunt in 24B.

I saw more Bucks in early December than I did yesterday in 36...

I went up for the day to help out my dad and all we saw were 2 small bucks and 27 Does with no rut activity.

In early December I saw bucks chasing Does which I thought was a little early. I figured by now they would be in full swing.

I guess its going to be a good January for us Archers...

Good Luck and keep at it...

I have the late hunt in 24b. I've been out 3 times and have seen 14 does, 1 small fork day 1. 27 deer day 2, 9 were bucks. Nothing even over 80. And today saw 30 deer. Only 4 bucks. Biggest was maybe 60 inches. Anyone else having this problem. Tons of does and only a few small bucks. Hopefully I can find a good one this last weekend. I've been out in this area before a week before the late hunt even started and I've seen 80-90 inch bucks with does. Weird year. Not the greatest to finally get this tag after 6 years.

Just kill an 80" buck and go home happy

Decent turnout today in 34a. 25 deer, 5 bucks...2 decent ones hanging with does and sparring a little. Wouldnt say they were chasing but definitely following the does around.

• Like 2

I have the late hunt in 24b. I've been out 3 times and have seen 14 does, 1 small fork day 1. 27 deer day 2, 9 were bucks. Nothing even over 80. And today saw 30 deer. Only 4 bucks. Biggest was maybe 60 inches. Anyone else having this problem. Tons of does and only a few small bucks. Hopefully I can find a good one this last weekend. I've been out in this area before a week before the late hunt even started and I've seen 80-90 inch bucks with does. Weird year. Not the greatest to finally get this tag after 6 years.

I had this same hunt last year. Everything completely changed from no rut to full on getting it on literally over night.