IA Born

Holster Recommendation

I recently bought a S&W M&P 2.0 Compact in .40 SW. I've been a 1911 guy most of my life, but decided to go back to a medium frame pistol for easier concealment. Any recommendations for holsters to try for this particular pistol or one like it if you don't have that pistol? Its got a 4" barrel on it. I've always carried my 1911s concealed in a small of the back holster, so I'm not opposed to that option, but I'd like to see what else is out there to check into. I get pro deals on Blackhawk! and Uncle Mike's, but I'm not committed to either one. I want a holster (concealed and open, for that matter) that is going to be comfortable and durable.

Thanks!

I've carried a 1911 for over 15 years and just recently went to a Glock 19. I. Impressed with the Galco sto n go. I carry at 4oclock position.. I am still in search of a good concealed outside pants holster.

Galco does take some wearing to get the leather smooth..

• Like 1

Alien gear is what I am using now and really like.

• Like 2

Alien gear is what I am using now and really like.

What he said. Best bang for the price and hold up very well. Just make sure to put some blue locktite on all the screws.

• Like 1

I have a S&W Sheild i carry in a galco but it is a smaller gun. full size for me inside/outside waist I like the crossbreed style of holster.

I just looked at the alien gear and it is similar to crossbreed style.

• Like 1

I bought the alien gear combo and thought it was great. I bought a paddle holster & IWB holster for my Sig 2022 as the combo and the value is outstanding. I also bought a 1911 shell so I can switch either holster to carry my 1911 if I choose to. I have had them for about a year, and other than the screws loosening occasionally, they are great. Locktite the screws as mentioned and you will be fine. I like that I can just buy extra shells for other guns and use the same holsters for everything if I choose. If you sell the gun for the holster, you can just send the shell back to Aliengear and they will send you a new one for your new carry gun. Or you can just buy the shells outright.

I also found that my old Sig P250 fits great in the same shell I use for the 2022 so I don't even need another shell for that one because it is so similar in size and shape.

I previously had a Bladetech UCH which I LOVED. They stopped making that holster though, and when I finally broke the UCH after about 7 years I wanted another. I couldn't get the same holster so I decided to try Alien Gear on advice from a friend. I am glad I did. I got the 2 holsters from Alien gear for about the same price as the single holster from Bladtech would have cost. That said, I did really like my bladtech too.

• Like 1

Check out Thor's Hammer custom holsters. Dan is in Tucson and does excellent custom work for what ever purpose you like. I have three of his outside the waist band holsters. One LH for a Glock 21, and two different RH 1911. His holsters are of far better quality than any of the big name stuff I have, and I have a drawer full.. http://www.thorshammercustomleather.com/firearmholsters.htm

Thanks for the input. That Galco and Alien Gear really caught my attention.

Happy New Year!

I used the Alien Gear and really liked it but sometimes I take my gun off and on a few times a day and the alien Gear was just more of a pain, not quite as simiple.

Aker also makes really nice leather holster, if you want to go that route.

I have been eyeballing the Blue Line Drop Loop for my G20. Does anyone carry Aker locally?