Sign in to follow this  
218buck

Eletronic call

wanting to by an electronic call for varmint calling any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks

I bought a primos alpha dog and I have been nothing but happy with it. I got mine when they were on sale for about $150. Not on sale it is close to $300 and for that price I would consider a foxpro or one of the higher end e calls. Just make sure you get one that can carry the sound out there. Contrary to what some say I think a good e-call is better that mouth calls. Such a variety of choices. My success at calling has exploded since I started using one. Coyote pup distress, antelope fawn distress will bring in any coyote within ear shot. Pig distress on a hung up coyote will bring him in running.

I did well in the brushy bottoms with the lowest end foxpro. It didn't put out quite as much volume as I wanted for open country so I went up to a larger model- now called the Banshee.

I would agree with Foxpro. I bought mine online somewhere and was able to pick the sounds that came on it. There are 75 calls and I will never come close to using them all.

I did pretty good predator calling until i tried an e-caller. I havn't called in chit with my foxpro hellfire.

I bought a Inferno with 100 different sounds. The coyote came in when I was looking at / playing with the caller.

Icotec. For the money they are better then the FoxPro. I have both. FoxPro sounds are good and plentiful but the remotes are terrible compared to others.

I did pretty good predator calling until i tried an e-caller. I havn't called in chit with my foxpro hellfire.

Funny I had the same problem. e callers are nice and my kid doesnt make fun of me about the sounds I make. but hey they work always have. Did call in a bobcat and a fox with one 2 years ago. Defiantly called in less with an e caller than mouth calls. but at times I have stayed longer with an ecaller cause I was too lazy to get up and move and called in a few. 45 mins.

normally my stands are 5-20 mins tops with mouth calls. e callers I have stayed out for an hour just to see what happens.

We bought the ecaller so we can use the bows. thinking it would give use both a better shot. happened to notice that when your using a ecaller the run in and keep on running with a mouth call they usually stop and look around and not so skidish..

I honestly think critters are harder to call these days with an e-caller...

I've been hunting coyotes since Burnham Brothers were the best gig in town...

Generationa of coyotes educated to Lightning jack...

• Like 1

I think they are all harder to call with electronics. we goto north rim alot for calling and I dont do as well with a e-caller as a mouth call.

Dont be dissing on the lightning jack. ;) thats the only e caller sound that has worked for me my fox pro has a ton of sounds too.

over the years I have the most yotes called in with the high pitch sounds. the other deeper sounds I havent had near as much luck with. I have called in a bunch on a mallard duck call while duck hunting. you can make a duck call sound like 2 yotes/foxs fighting it brings them in pretty quick

so you were hunting coyote in the 1950's... 🤔. Fox Pro Crossfire for me.