azgary

Mule Deer Rut

I hope so. Finally back from all my travels and hoping to sneak out this weekend for some time in the field.

• Like 1

I hope so. Finally back from all my travels and hoping to sneak out this weekend for some time in the field.

Welcome back.

Anyone else been up in the prescott area. Alot of broken antlers but very few bucks pushing does. Ive never seen so many broken bucks but saw a total of about 40 does in 5 different groups,without a single buck not even small bucks.

Was in Prescott units. Slow till the weather showed up. Rattled in a decent buck for some guys from Utah that were staying at my buddies ranch. The son missed. I arrowed and tagged a buck 2 days before the weather came in. Should get good if it stays cool.

Rut behavior was nearly non-existent in unit 8. Herds of does, both coues and muleys, were without any bucks. Bucks were alone or in small bachelor groups.

I did have two nice muley bucks do a waltz and grunt at each other. That was the closest thing to rut activity that I witnessed in the first 10 days of the year.

My friend has been hunting central AZ since last Friday. Still no sign of rut and does are all alone. The bucks he has seen have either been solitary or with another buck. I can't decide if I want to go varmint hunting or deer.

I think we are getting 2 days of winter temps this weekend. Should be the best time, My guess....BOB!