Sign in to follow this  
Tight Guy

36-C Late Rifle Hunt

Greetings,

I debated if I should even do this write up because although I am very proud of this buck, it pales in comparison to most others on this site. Then I decided that why not be proud and honor any and all animals that we take.

Myself, my 2 sons, and 4 other friends and family spent the week between Christmas and New Years in the desert chasing deer, swapping stories, enjoying great food, and a few beers around the evening fire. If it gets better then that I don't know how.

I saw this buck 2 different times from long range and twice I tried to close the distance but like they do he just "disappeared". When I saw him the 3rd time he was standing still and was watching my son Jason and I as we were hiking to our glassing spot. I managed to get a 220 yard shot at a broadside standing still deer that knew we were there. That in itself was very lucky on our part, or bad judgement on his part.

Every year it get harder and harder to climb these hills and every year my comment is "I gotta get in shape" Thank God i still be have the ability to chase these gray ghosts. It never gets old and every buck no matter the size is a true trophy.

My son already boiled out the skull and it will be a proud member of the wall of fame.

post-12074-0-99956700-1515254478_thumb.jpg

post-12074-0-81998100-1515254536_thumb.jpg

post-12074-0-48836500-1515254568_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Well let me be the first to congratulate you on a very nice buck . Not everyone can get out and enjoy our public lands and harvest a deer --which you did . A very well placed shot also .

Again congrats on your trophy--that is all that matters really--your deer .

Good job, It doesn't really get much better then the way you described it. Enjoying the hunt with family and getting a nice buck is just a bonus. Way to go.

Keven

Looks like a great deer to me - hard to pass up.....especially broadside at 220 yards.

Enjoying family and harvesting a nice buck. Doesn't get much better then that. Congrats!

Nice buck. Be proud of any animal you harvest. To me the trophy is the hunt, the meat is just a bonus.