Sign in to follow this  
redskin

deer

It went thru , he looks fine, maybe not a lethal shot. I agree totally with the statement you made in your post, so sick of people saying just draw blood. doesn't work that way.

Sad to see. This happens a lot. Hopefully he breaks it off an it heals. Unfortunately they have tape sights for your bow which makes people think they can now shoot accurately at 90 to 120 yrs plus and they find out they can't.

• Like 2

Further evidence we need archery education. Idiots

• Like 1

Sad that everyone immediately just assumes it was a 100 yard shot. Every animal wounded with rifles must be 1000 yard shots too.

• Like 7

Yes, bad things occur: deer to jump the string, and wind gust occur at long distance, but I think, IMHO, people overestimate their effective range.

Watch people on the range, rifle or bow, standing or on a bench with rifles. I am no great hunter. Yet, my little circle, with one who have harvested a lot of deer, joke about Tucson Rifle Club needing a pile of rocks and chollo for people to lay on and practice. With homemade stickbows, I need to be "crazy" about shooting different positions, as my real effective range is not too large.

People overestimate their effective range.

You are correct, and I seem to have misread your post; I saw too many wounded deer in the southern units, and been thinking about why that is? It is a good post to remind us to really think this January.

I've seen seasoned archers and pro staff shooters miss and make bad shots anywhere from 15-50 yards in all my years of hunting. Point is no one wants to wound an animal and everyone wants to make an ethical shot but human error does occur.

On the bright side this is one buck that can tell all his deer friends that he had in fact been shot at and survived this hunting season as he has proof all the others are dock talk until they can prove it.. ;)

Delw