Sign in to follow this  
redskin

deer

Will the real shooter please stand up and go finish the job. Should be easy to find, it has a fletching just like the other ones in your quiver.

• Like 1

Absolutely not saying it was a 100yd shot either. Could have been a close shot gone bad. I'm just saying I know people with tape sights that miss a lot of animals cause they try to make long shot cause of the tape sight. I think he will be fine especially since he is still with all the does

Just throwing this out there......

If you hit a buck and do not recover him, did you burn your tag......or go hunt for a second buck?

.....The ethical/moral dilemna................

If I don't have proof the buck is going to live...like seeing the arrow skim his back or brisket...no blood, my tag is done!

Yes....its painful as heck....

My point is....that if hunters keep hunting on a second, third etc deer, the harvest objective may be continually exceeded if the number of dead deer reported is less than actual. (I frequently read about all the "lost bucks"...what about the second buck harvested?)

We all owe it to the animals to police ourselves if we are going to call hunters the "stewards of wildlife"

Hopefully the buck makes it....

• Like 1

Just throwing this out there......

If you hit a buck and do not recover him, did you burn your tag......or go hunt for a second buck?

.....The ethical/moral dilemna................

If I don't have proof the buck is going to live...like seeing the arrow skim his back or brisket...no blood, my tag is done!

Yes....its painful as heck....

My point is....that if hunters keep hunting on a second, third etc deer, the harvest objective may be continually exceeded if the number of dead deer reported is less than actual. (I frequently read about all the "lost bucks"...what about the second buck harvested?)

We all owe it to the animals to police ourselves if we are going to call hunters the "stewards of wildlife"

Hopefully the buck makes it....

Ford Vs. Chevy

• Like 2

Further evidence we need archery education. Idiots

Yeah followed by a rifle education before the late rifle elk hunts. How many of those elk are shot and never recovered?

• Like 3

Since the original post is gone....what color were the fletchings? Did you all see the Hushin Episodes from the AZ hunt? There was one buck shot at 40 yards that hit the shoulder and didn't penetrate the cavity. Without being there or knowing the bow setup I am not going to play armchair archer. Crap happens even though we try our best to minimize suffering and kill quickly. Oh yeah same crap happens with a rifle also.

• Like 1

I shot a perfectly broadside deer many years ago at less than 12 yards. Pins were solidly on his heart. Upon releasing my arrow, he ducked and jumped forward, and the arrow went through his hind quarters, severing his urethra in the process. Chit happens just as easily at 10 yards as it does at 100.

Why the F would someone remove the picture and the text in the post.

something tells me there is alot more to this story than what was posted.

a deer got stuck in the wrong place who cares shoot happens, it sucks but it happens and no one knows what happened except the shooter

the poster either knew who the shooter was, and removed it or he was the shooter, or someone pm'd him crying about it.

one of the many reasons there should be a time limit on editing posts and deleting images. Only SUSANS need to do that. Hence why fagbook is so popular ;)

I didnt care about the post at 1st but now I am curious for the reason it was deleted. I am guessing(and I am usually right ;) ) something was not right and got there pantied in a wad.

I had thought I read he saw this buck during a late rifle hunt and was bow hunting coues and got the picture of it when he ran into it again.

oh the fletching was green btw

Unit 29 is closed in January for archery.....bingo...

LMAO

so the next topic should be,

who is more of a dumbass Sticking a deer and not finding it or hunting in a closed unit.