Sign in to follow this  
roadhunteraz

Spot light opinions

Well, after all these years the old 12 volt spot light finally quit working and it's time to find a new one.

What are your guys favorite spot lights?

I've noticed some of the new battery operated led hand holds but was curious how well they light up the country side and battery life.

I was in Wal-Mart and bought one of their Stanley LED's for about $20. I like it as it has 4 light settings, is plenty bright, seems to hold a charge fairly well, and can be recharged either at home off 120V AC or in the vehicle through the 12v DC. I am not sure how it would hold up to heavy duty use but lights up the end of my street where cars like to park at night, probably 150 yards.

If I read correct your vehicle can not support your spotlight while in use correct? Not to change the subject but something to consider.

If I read correct your vehicle can not support your spotlight while in use correct? Not to change the subject but something to consider.I

I think it's just if you have a weapon in the vehicle but I'm not positive.

If I read correct your vehicle can not support your spotlight while in use correct? Not to change the subject but something to consider.

you can use a spot light whenever you please from a vehicle as long as you don't have a weapon.
  • Like 1

a lot of the spot lights on the market today can only be charged by your vehicle. you can not actually use them while they are plugged in to the vehicle and once the battery goes dead than you have to wait for the battery to recharge before you can use them again.

Really? Never knew that.

I have been listening oiling for those attached spot lights like law enforcement have for those solo hunts