Sign in to follow this  
AZDirtyTaco

Garmin Xero Bow Sight

Just another thought. We have archery seasons that are longer, and at optimal times of the year because it is supposed to be harder to harvest an animal with a bow. With all these new gadgets and people taking shots over 100 yards, the harvest will go up, and with more people bow hunting it will go up. It is just a matter of time until you will have to draw archery tags,or the seasons will get shorter. Or you will have to choose hunting with rifle or bow, you wouldn’t be able to hunt both.

Just another thought. We have archery seasons that are longer, and at optimal times of the year because it is supposed to be harder to harvest an animal with a bow. With all these new gadgets and people taking shots over 100 yards, the harvest will go up, and with more people bow hunting it will go up. It is just a matter of time until you will have to draw archery tags,or the seasons will get shorter. Or you will have to choose hunting with rifle or bow, you wouldnt be able to hunt both.

In order for that to happen theyd need to have some decent way of judging success rates. Voluntary cards sent in the mail doesnt count. If a state truly gives a crap about success rates they do mandatory reporting. heck we were in WA state this summer and I got a $10 fine the other day for not turning in a harvest report for crabbing!!!

It's a beast of a sight from the looks of it !

guess if you can afford a $1200 dollar bow you can add a $1000 sight.!

I do not know how you can say fewer wounded animals - I suspect more than less.

Archery Skills and Ethical shots make for fewer wounded animals not a sight !

Too many variations on the actual situation involved in taking a shot to say this thing will make a difference !

putting a pin on an animal 80-100+ yrds away doesn't mean a kill shot!

I don’t understand why you think this will result in more wounded animals. Reckless shots are being taken and will continue to be taken but at least now the shooter has better data to take the shot, esp in quick shot situations. Anyway, to each their own.

I do not know how you can say fewer wounded animals - I suspect more than less.

Archery Skills and Ethical shots make for fewer wounded animals not a sight !

Best quote of 2018 so far.... Outside Fair Chase for P&Y and B&C, so your booner will actually not be a booner... Ed F

I personally don’t give a dang for P&Y or BnC. I hunt for myself and the trophy is in the eye of the beholder. But if some one does care that’s cool too but I’d never judge someone for shooting a trophy using a sight like this. The accomplishment is still huge in my view. The only guys who can really wave their dongs here are the traditional guys. The rest of you guys need to chill out in my humble opinion. You still gotta get out, hump those hills, scout, glass, stalk, etc. it’s not like this sight is going to make it automatic.

• Like 1