Sign in to follow this  
hoghntr

Show me your success! Im unable to chase right now. :(

Shoot em in the face. :lol:

It happens. :) had a buddy tell me a Texas story where he shot pig from rear and arrow came out center of skull and pig spun and ran straight at his blind with broadhead coming straight at him. L.O.L. wish I had recorded the story as he told me he launched himself off his chair in blind cuz he thought he was gonna die from his own broadhead. Javelina turned just before blind and fell dead just behind it. L.O.L. I know I have shot a few in face and they sure go down quick if broadhead is in the eye. :) had 1 facing me that I tried slipping arrow down her side and between shoulder and neck and turned out I slit her from nose to shoulder. 😮 was very "Glasgow smile" looking and very dead pig since it exited her bungholio

Thanks for your service. Sorry to hear you are missing hunts as a result. You are not alone. The first vet my long time hunting partner and I guided with Hunts for Heroes is on the pig app with us. He lost his left leg just below the knee in Afganistan. Last weekend while hunting he was having trouble with the fit of his prosthetic leg. It turned out a cyst was developing where the leg mounted. He had it removed Friday and is temporarily in a wheelchair. My partner and I were going to head out tomorrow but he got stuck working 11 hours today and is not up for it. There is something about pig hunting that I really enjoy having the other hunters on my app right with me, hunting like a pack. I said screw it, I'm not going either. So here I am at almost midnight messing around on the computer. Hope you heal up soon and get back into the field for some good hunting.

• Like 1

Not a big story was walking to my usual gassing point and jumped a small heard this guy stopped at 63 quartering away arrow entered the neck and exited out the cheek. Dropped instintaniasly

post-11517-0-92540800-1515931122_thumb.jpg

post-11517-0-19742300-1515931169_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks for your service. Sorry to hear you are missing hunts as a result. You are not alone. The first vet my long time hunting partner and I guided with Hunts for Heroes is on the pig app with us. He lost his left leg just below the knee in Afganistan. Last weekend while hunting he was having trouble with the fit of his prosthetic leg. It turned out a cyst was developing where the leg mounted. He had it removed Friday and is temporarily in a wheelchair. My partner and I were going to head out tomorrow but he got stuck working 11 hours today and is not up for it. There is something about pig hunting that I really enjoy having the other hunters on my app right with me, hunting like a pack. I said screw it, I'm not going either. So here I am at almost midnight messing around on the computer. Hope you heal up soon and get back into the field for some good hunting.

I hear ya hard to go solo if planned hunting as a pack. :) pretty common to have issues like cysts with prosthetics that said i have met a few men and women who have chosen amputation over years of battling infections and or insane pain or have not had choice as infection would have killed them. Praying for your partner and his full recovery! I have all my limbs it just seems they are always under construction 😕

Not a big story was walking to my usual gassing point and jumped a small heard this guy stopped at 63 quartering away arrow entered the neck and exited out the cheek. Dropped instintaniasly

Always makes for a interesting looking skull. :) Congrats 👍

Here you go...

Verry cool! I tried videoing my bear hunt last August and was good to go every moment except the moment I had shooter in front of me. L.O.L. I failed

My son in law got his first this morning after shooting his first deer in the same unit. He put several stalks on a group of pigs before getting a 35 yard shot and put down this sow. Hes hooked.

post-13242-0-87845300-1515971274_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

My son in law got his first this morning after shooting his first deer in the same unit. He put several stalks on a group of pigs before getting a 35 yard shot and put down this sow. Hes hooked.

Yep if stink don't scare ya off hooked it is. CONGRATS to him.👍

5nRamirez, it looks like you have a lucky hunting shirt.

• Like 1

Trad or compound bow? Cool video, super close!

• Like 1

Here you go...

Trad or compound bow? Cool video, super close!

One piece Bear recurve with a Tactacam electrical taped to it... Ed F

• Like 2

We shot ours the first day we went out on the 3rd. She just started hunting and got her bow last June and already has a kill with it and she shot her first deer her first time out this year. She's a natural born killa!

post-1676-0-85217900-1516149479_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5