Sign in to follow this  
deercrazy

Woman shot at popular shooting area in Buckeye

That place is crazy..I decided to take my rzr 1000 and do a complete loop around the white tanks from olive all the way around back to olive all dirt. I hit Miller out there and there was probably over 100 people. From teens shooting full auto's to old lady's. You would see people setting up cans in from of them and people shooting next to them 50 yds away. Absolutely crazy.

All this talk of Joe Foss brings back fond memories of a photoshoot I did of him years ago. Super nice guy and so interesting to talk with. Ranks up there with my shoot with Barry Goldwater.

Is that the Joe Foss who few F4F's at Wake Island in WWII?

Yes, he was a fighter ace

• Like 1

So sorry to hear of this needless death. She was pregnant as well.

All this talk of Joe Foss brings back fond memories of a photoshoot I did of him years ago. Super nice guy and so interesting to talk with. Ranks up there with my shoot with Barry Goldwater.

Is that the Joe Foss who few F4F's at Wake Island in WWII?

Yes, he was a fighter ace

"Ace of Aces". Long list of accomplishments, Governor, NRA.

Why I avoid places like this. With hundreds of shooters, it will be almost impossible to know who fired the fateful shot. If the bullet remained in her, about all they can know is the caliber. Then make a call out to the public that if you were out there shooting with that caliber around that time give us a call.

Doubt anyone will speak up.

Sad deal all around.

Non-Typical, I was wondering the same thing as soon as I heard it on the news, about it being an accident or not.

I go out to the Rio Salado Sportsman's Club more and more for these reasons. I don't particularly enjoy paying the range fees, the wait times during and between rounds can be a pain, and the range masters can be a little intense. But it beats the alternatives of driving at least an hour outside of the valley or dealing with all of the idiots who have no common sense, respect for other shooters, and the outdoors where they leave all of their crap behind when they are done.

• Like 8

I go out to the Rio Salado Sportsman's Club more and more for these reasons. I don't particularly enjoy paying the range fees, the wait times during and between rounds can be a pain, and the range masters can be a little intense. But it beats the alternatives of driving at least an hour outside of the valley or dealing with all of the idiots who have no common sense, respect for other shooters, and the outdoors where they leave all of their crap behind when they are done.

For this exact reason I took my daughter to the range on Monday after striking out Sunday at Four Peaks where it was INSANE busy! Too dangerous so I took her to the range with the same issues you posted. I hate getting placed next to the one guy who just came straight from the store with his first ever gun purchase (matching ARs for his old lady and him) or the other guy, the one shooting the extremely large caliber and blowing me off the table every 10 seconds he lets one off. Hard to concentrate in that war zone.

At least at Rio Salado and Ben Avery you have a range officer trying to save you from the guy who is dangerous. Range Rules help /try to keep all safe and still let us enjoys our right to keep and bear arms.

• Like 1

The Queen Valley area is just as bad. Its just a matter of time before something like this happens there. People shoot every direction possible out there its crazy.

• Like 1

At least at Rio Salado and Ben Avery you have a range officer trying to save you from the guy who is dangerous. Range Rules help /try to keep all safe and still let us enjoys our right to keep and bear arms.

I will say this for the range officers at Rio Salado, they seem to have mellowed and become more friendly in recent years. In the past I always felt they were looking down on me giving me the evil eye and just waiting for an opportunity to pounce and humiliate me. The last couple of years they have been very friendly and conversational.

For this exact reason I took my daughter to the range on Monday after striking out Sunday at Four Peaks where it was INSANE busy! Too dangerous so I took her to the range with the same issues you posted. I hate getting placed next to the one guy who just came straight from the store with his first ever gun purchase (matching ARs for his old lady and him) or the other guy, the one shooting the extremely large caliber and blowing me off the table every 10 seconds he lets one off. Hard to concentrate in that war zone.

Yeah, I am one of those guys shooting the 300 RUM with a brake. But I do try to give the guys next to me a heads up warning. Also, I very rarely shoot more than 3 rounds out of any one rifle (most of the others are much tamer) during any given shooting round. When I'm at the range I try to simulate normal hunting conditions. Any more than 3 rounds without a break and the barrel heats up to much to simulate a normal hunting cold barrel situation.

Pay the $50 year membership at the Jim Jones range in Payson, a little drive but much safer up here. us rednecks are friendly