n2horns

Anyone hunting in Arizona with a suppressor or other states

Is anyone hunting in Arizona or other states with a suppressor? Any suggestions or pros/cons about doing it on elk, deer or predators?

i know a few people that do and they love it.

lots of people do it for yotes and varmits ran into them over the last few years when yote hunting. called with one guy it was sweet he got 2 yotes and a fox in the same stand just mins apart. its not quiet you do hear some noise.

I planned on doing it when they changed the law a few years ago, but I really dont know if I want to mess with hassle of getting a stamp or not. I have the o7 paper work on my desk from 8 years ago then planned on getting a 02 after that for building them and other firearms. but I am hesitant of the hassle as I have a customer thats keeping us busy and dont want to screw that up by getting into something else.

This is my first year hunting suppressed and i can say it is awesome. Waiting for that stamp sucked, but i bought a 30cal can and run it on a few of my rifles

• Like 1

If it's not sub sonic ammo how much of a difference does it make? Is it a night and day deal or a slight difference? Thanks

THey are not "movie quiet", but the hunting difference is night and day. At least for the cans I shoot. In the heat of the moment you don't really even hear it. I do not wear hearing protection anymore and I never have ringing ears.

When target shooting I still wear hearing protection even with the cans on.

• Like 1

^^ seems to be common practice wearing ears for practice and no ears for hunting. I like the looks of that ballista over the barrel suppressor. Only adds like 5 inches.

I thought the same when i bought the tbac ultra 7! Now im looking at the ultra 5 to run on my ar and creedmore to make it alittle more compact! The first one is the hardest till you have it i think! With the ultra 7 i dont wear hearing protection out practicing or hunting and my 257 weatherby is cut down to 17hmr noise level

If it's not sub sonic ammo how much of a difference does it make? Is it a night and day deal or a slight difference? Thanks

THey are not "movie quiet", but the hunting difference is night and day. At least for the cans I shoot. In the heat of the moment you don't really even hear it. I do not wear hearing protection anymore and I never have ringing ears.

sounds more like a 22 short to me on the 308 and a 22mag on the 223,(both bolt guns) but my hearings is shot from 47+ years of shooting. I always wore hearing protection and doubles(plugs and muffs) when shooting pistols and rifles and the 10+years of tourny skeet only muffs.

I wish they would make it legal like buying a firearm at least for my kids sake, wont help me any.

one of these days I am going to end up going through the paper work stuff, probably sooner than later too.

I think the ringing in my ears is from driving with the window rolled down more and not so much from shooting in my case. I dont like AC. it hit me pretty hard at about 48 and gets worse and worse. but running cncs dont help either.

• Like 1

We live in a very loud world and it is slowly eating at our ears. Loud noises cause further deterioration to our ears. I have used air tools and been in a loud enviroment most of my life now. I,m hoping using and shooting suppressed weapons will prevent further damage. I actuallly have started to look for quieter tools to use at my job.

It will be awesome the day they let everyone have these devices without background check. I would still go through the paper work and get it asap it makes it more enjoyable.

My son used to shoot the 6.5 creedmoor 3-4 shot before suppressed and started shooting 40-50 shots when suppressed when practicing for his hunt this year.

My son and I both shot animals with suppressor this year and it was nice.

• Like 1

I think the use of suppressor will be more common, even for hunting. I too plan on trying it this year and see how I like it.

I know we try to minimize weight and now adding more ounces with a can.

Thanks

I dont mind the background check its just the long wait. I am the spur of the moment type guy

We live in a very loud world and it is slowly eating at our ears. Loud noises cause further deterioration to our ears. I have used air tools and been in a loud enviroment most of my life now. I,m hoping using and shooting suppressed weapons will prevent further damage. I actuallly have started to look for quieter tools to use at my job.

As far as your quieting air tools. I think you can put a silencer on them, I have an old venture vacuum system (uses compressed shop air)never used it from like 3 years ago. anyway it has a silencer on it, I hooked up up a while back ago and unscrewed the silencer from the venture component it made a huge difference. I wonder if that would work on air tools or something like that. if I ever get some free time I might have to try it. I dont use airtools very often at all but they are loud. even my die grinders I used for deburring I ended up going to all foredom electric stuff expensive but well worth it.