Sign in to follow this  
1uofacat

Just how much do you trust your bank/financial institution?

Ok, I'll get up on the soap box one last time..

If you don't like having your app kicked out because the card/bank doesn't recognize the charge, STOP USING THE dang CARD.

Apply on paper, send a check and grin knowing that at least your app was processed and not kicked out like those who used their card.

Don't give me that "oh I can't afford to pay all at once crap." If you can take 12 months to pay off your credit card hits, you can take 12 months to save up the money to cover the check.

We, as hunters have forgotten who is actually driving the bus. Or as some would say, "we've let the tail wag the dog". If you don't want the whole "apply 'on-line' only" to become the only way to apply, start demanding that we go back to paper, or at least, they have to accept both, whether they like it or not.

Personally, I will be the last person in Arizona to apply by paper app. covered by my check for which I've saved enough over the year to cover it.

• Like 2

Envelope and money order have never failed me . I know it is in and just hope that I will be lucky and pull a tag .

Hope that option doesn't go away .

Why does this all sound so familiar... new year, exact same discussion.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/71603-reminder-azdfg-not-calling-this-year

Seems like last year was the smoothest elk draw we have ever had. Maybe we ought to give AZGFD a little credit for the progress they are making.

• Like 3

It appears some may have ignored one of my main points. Regardless of what institution you use, the fact is they can cancel your card or deny charges without your permission or knowledge regardless of what you say prior to any draw or whether or not you have "available funds" to cover them. It happens every year.

I honestly do not know if it is against Arizona law to charge the full amount or not when you apply, like some states do, but it might be the case here. Per-paid cards might be another "safer" option, but are they really?

Lastly, for the vast majority of applicants there haven't been problems that we know of and charges have gone through just fine, especially if you get a tag! What if you don't get a tag? How do you know for sure a charge wasn't denied? Just don't be naive to think it can't happen to you, & if it does the odds "it won't" are immediately meaningless.

Do whatever you feel comfortable with, but for myself that means paper applications... & good luck on the draw!

It appears some may have ignored one of my main points. Regardless of what institution you use, the fact is they can cancel your card or deny charges without your permission or knowledge regardless of what you say prior to any draw or whether or not you have "available funds" to cover them. It happens every year.

I honestly do not know if it is against Arizona law to charge the full amount or not when you apply, like some states do, but it might be the case here. Per-paid cards might be another "safer" option, but are they really?

Lastly, for the vast majority of applicants there haven't been problems that we know of and charges have gone through just fine, especially if you get a tag! What if you don't get a tag? How do you know for sure a charge wasn't denied? Just don't be naive to think it can't happen to you, & if it does the odds "it won't" are immediately meaningless.

Do whatever you feel comfortable with, but for myself that means paper applications... & good luck on the draw!

So because we disagree with you we "missed the point"? How about we understand your point we just don't think it's a good one? What on earth are you gonna do next year when there is no paper app option?

Unless your card gets cancelled sometime between midnight of the credit card deadline and 8 am when they start charging cards I don't feel bad for you. Check your cards, double check your cards, call your bank and inform them the charges may be coming, don't use cards close to expiring, use a prepaid card. .the list goes on.

• Like 3

Man up and be financialy responsible. Ive done 2 bancrupcy's in my life and I can still do it .I am not real smart . Kinda scary that many hunters are out there and are that Stupid. Figure it out Dummies or at least stay of My MTN.

All you people who cant figure it out then just take money to the farthest regional office and give it to them. Then go bottle, can, and old tv hunting. ^_^

Unless your card gets cancelled sometime between midnight of the credit card deadline and 8 am when they start charging cards I don't feel bad for you. Check your cards, double check your cards, call your bank and inform them the charges may be coming, don't use cards close to expiring, use a prepaid card. .the list goes on.

This right here. You have til midnight to update then they start charging the next morning.

Pre paid is probably a good idea if youve had issues in the past and dont want to change banks

Colorado is only charging preference points and will charge the rest of the tag fee if drawn starting this year. They may end up having the same issues you guys are talking about.

Ive never had issues with my card.

For most people, you will never have an issue. When it happens to you however, it will likely change your opinion. It's obvious who you trust bone, good for you. As far as no paper apps next year, unless you are the one making that decision you don't know when or if it will happen.

el diablo, since when does the G&F start charging cards the day after the cut-off deadline, or even told us accurately when they will actually start the draw?

For most people, you will never have an issue. When it happens to you however, it will likely change your opinion. It's obvious who you trust bone, good for you. As far as no paper apps next year, unless you are the one making that decision you don't know when or if it will happen.

el diablo, since when does the G&F start charging cards the day after the cut-off deadline, or even told us accurately when they will actually start the draw?

They have been charging the following morning for a while now. It has happened with every draw cycle since the summer deer cycle in 2016. I believe that makes it 5 cycles that it has been done this way without a hitch. This should be the 6th.

• Like 1

They have been charging the following morning for a while now. It has happened with every draw cycle since the summer deer cycle in 2016. I believe that makes it 5 cycles that it has been done this way without a hitch. This should be the 6th.

This has been my observation as well...especially last cycle when there were no calls made for rejected cards it seems like the charges were mostly complete in the first couple days after the deadline to update cards. I will be looking for charges on 3/2 this time.